Business Continuity Engagement ManagerApply Now
- Requisition # 10035198-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, Arizona
- Other Locations Sacramento, Monterey Park
- Date Posted 05/13/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
DescriptionDiscover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Reporting to the Director of Business Continuity Planning (BCP) in the First Line of Defense (FLoD), the Business Continuity Engagement Manager (BCEM) is responsible for both the strategic development and the tactical implementation of all core activities of the Business Continuity Planning process (Business Impact Analysis, Dependency Analysis, Business Continuity Plan development, and Business Continuity Plan testing).
Management or Supervision: Indicate # of employees managed or supervised, either directly or indirectly.
No direct supervision of employees. Partners with multiple business areas, Second Line of Defense (SLoD) and varying levels of management.
As the Engagement Manager to multiple business areas, supports and manages tactical execution of the BC Planning process and its related components including but not limited to (Business Impact Analysis, Dependency Analysis, Business Continuity Plan development, and Business Continuity Plan testing).
- Provides consultative support to multiple business areas with completion of the full Business Continuity Planning life-cycle and enterprise solutions
- Performs all core activities of the Business Continuity Planning process inclusive of gap risk measurement, mitigation strategies, and material risk identification.
- Ensures roles and responsibilities, timelines, and requirements as they pertain to Business Continuity Planning are clear
- Drives the socialization, adoption, consistent and appropriate implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the BC Planning policies, standards, procedures, etc. across the organization.
- Centrally understands and drives BCP technology requirements. This includes development of BC Planning system requirements, identifying improvement opportunities to increase efficiency and ensure alignment with changes to BCP lifecycle, participating in UAT.
- Subject matter expertise on regulatory requirements and defining threats and risk scenarios in order to provide recommendations on changes or program enhancements required to address such requirements and threats.
- Acts as a Business Continuity Management advocate towards the business units ensuring business buy-in and facilitating integration of BC Planning process, policies, procedures, guides, templates and systems
- Assists in the development and delivery of meaningful metrics that can be used to indicate our readiness capability, determine our risk appetite, and a review of the BC Planning process.
- Performs awareness training including execution of the BCP lifecycle, new and changing procedures, systems, and methodologies
- Performs data quality reviews on BC Planning artifacts collected from the business areas
- Provides support of Internal Audits and Regulatory Exams
- Understands and applies internal policies/standars/procedures, laws and regulations when managing to RFPs, RFIs, from internal audit and regulatory bodies including but not limited to: FFIEC, OCC, FRB, FINRA.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Well rounded knowledge of Business Continuity principles as they relate to Business Continuity Planning, Crisis and Critical Incident Management, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Preparedness and Third-Party risk.
- Demonstrated strong skills in applying Business Continuity principles to various levels (staff, management and executive) of the company.
- Demonstrated human relation skills to effectively interact with peers, subordinates, internal and external customers and third-party providers.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, analytical, problem solving, communication, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and motivate individuals and teams.
- Advanced presentation skills and oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, which include task identification, project planning, and ability to understand scope of recovery efforts, ability to coordinate critical activities during continuity exercises and events, and proficiency with tools required to pull project together.
- Advanced analytical skills
- Self starter with the ability to work independently.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including (but not limited to) Word, Excel, Access, Visio, and PowerPoint
- May require evening or weekend work to assist with meeting target deliverables
- Crisis situations may require longer than normal work days and weeks
Education, Licensure, Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years practical Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and/Crisis Management experience as applied in a business and technical environment in the banking or financial industry preferred
- Professional certification from the Disaster Recovery Institute, International or from The Business Continuity Institute (e.g. ABCP, CBCP, MBCP, MBCI, CRP and/or other Business Continuity or industry related certifications preferred
- BS in Financial Services, Computer Sciences, or Engineering preferred, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Archer Business Continuity, SendWordNow experience
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Operations
- Primary Location Tempe, Arizona
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time