Risk Reporting Data Engineer
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Risk Reporting Data Engineer
- Requisition # 10037340-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Phoenix, ARIZONA
- Date posted 09/14/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The Data integration lead will provide technology solutions services in support of the Information Management Strategy Architecture and Governance organization and innovation within the CDO organization in collaboration with business and technology data strategy stakeholders.
Primary job responsibilities involve supporting ingestion, transformation & serving pipelines that handles data for analytical or operational uses across Risk business areas and Risk data domains.
- Design, document, develop, test, implement, monitor, maintain, and support Risk Data platforms, including subject area marts and interfaces to downstream applications.
- Function as Data Integration SME and supply business and technical knowledge on required subject-areas and systems.
- Design & development of AWS Data & Analytics platform using Redshift & Tableau
- Responsible for developing and building the data pipeline from scratch, starting from extraction from on-prem to moving it over to processing and final output.
- Perform DUT/SIT/UAT/DR/regression testing activities.
- Handle user inquiries and production support.
- Conduct trainings and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Early identification of development issues and corrective action to mitigate issues is required with these responsibilities. Apply Risk Identification, Risk Reduction, and Risk Mitigation techniques. .
- Develop detail-level design documents from functional requirements and adhere to the development and naming standards established.
- Provide ETL technical guidance or mentoring. Estimating, planning, organizing and assigning tasks to various team members.
- Participate in the rollout of any changes to the production environment and the setting of new standards using change control, documentation, and full communication with the operations and support
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 15 years related technology experience with significant people skills.
- A track record of success in implementation of large cross organization technology data projects ETL, ELT, data federation, data synchronization and change data capture skills
- Strong background in systems development (Managed a team with both operational and project responsibilities) DBMS and Data modeling skills
- Strong Experience on AWS Cloud Services like EMR, S3, RDS, Redshift
- Hands on Experience on Hive QL, Python, SQL.
- Hands on experience designing and building out a SOA (microservices skills), defining canonicals
- Has a strong understanding of control systems and relevant technologies and how they interact with each other
- Has strong management, organizational and evaluative process skills
- Experience in Metadata process, data lineage and traceability repositories and technologies
- Can analyze complex organizational and technical issues related to technology and identifies opportunities to improve performance and efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive business relationships with internal partners and external vendors
- Experience with IT infrastructure, IT application technologies and frameworks
- Experience in Data warehouse technologies and operation
- Experience in Data modeling and database design
- Experience in emerging technologies
- Experience in highly distributed complex business and technology environments
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.