Compliance Testing Officer, Associate/AVPApply Now
- Requisition # 10040870-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Other Locations Irving
- Date Posted 01/29/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
As a Compliance Testing Specialist, you will be responsible for executing regulatory compliance transactional and control testing for lending activity in the following lines of business: residential lending originations, residential lending servicing, consumer lending (credit card and unsecured), small business, and commercial mortgage. You will work with the team to ensure tests are executed both timely and accurately. Tests are aligned to consumer compliance regulations and will be assigned according to the Annual Test Plan.
- Establish, design, and execute regulatory compliance testing
- Work with the Line of Business as well as the Compliance Manager to ensure all rules applicable to the line of business and the products supported are identified so that testing priorities can be evaluated and established.
- Execute, organize and prioritize testing in a timely manner ensuring deliverables are achieved while maintaining accuracy.
- Develop and document detailed testing scripts covering testing of controls evaluations and testing of transactions to assess adherence to compliance rules.
- Prepare testing scope, workpapers, and reports capturing final results of testing.
- Work closely with the team to ensure consistency among execution of testing and interpretation of rules.
- Keep up to date on changes in federal and state compliance laws and regulations impacting the group of assigned compliance focus area(s) and ensure testing scripts reflect such changes.
- Assess adherence to regulatory requirements and laws. Serves as an independent reviewer to conduct transactional and control testing across the Lending Compliance purview areas of Residential Lending (originations and servicing), Consumer Lending, (credit card and unsecured) Business Banking Group, and Commercial Mortgage Operations.
- Prepare and potentially present reports to management regarding status of compliance testing in areas of compliance focus.
- Participate in various ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience within financial services industry preferred with emphasis on regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience executing testing efforts or exposure to audit, quality control or quality management functions and results.
- Experience in mortgage banking, compliance testing, quality control/assurance processes or internal/external audit.
- Strong testing/audit background related to regulatory compliance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state lending regulations. Preferred experience with TILA, RESPA, HMDA, CRA, ECOA, FCRA, and Flood.
- Ability to understand transactional and control test scripts based on current knowledge of regulations and business practices and able to execute testing as assigned.
- Knowledgeable enough to question and escalate issues, if warranted.
- Strong time management, interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with management and peers.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and successfully manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Bachelor’s degree with professional certification preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously and initiate and prioritize own work.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.