Assistant Branch Manager, Assistant Vice President, Alamo, CAApply Now
- Requisition # 10040871-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Alamo, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 01/14/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients’ best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
The Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for managing, and when needed, participating in all aspects of day-to-day Branch operations with an emphasis on risk mitigation, regulatory compliance and maximization of sales referrals. The Assistant Branch Manager provides leadership in conjunction with the Branch Manager in achieving Branch goals and objectives and may be responsible for management of specialty segments as needed based on branch assignment and market opportunity.
Management or Supervision: No
30% - Branch Sales
- Responsible for the overall operating efficiency of the Branch, for delivering a consistent customer experience and for coaching the entire staff
- Support Branch Manager, act as primary officer and oversee both Sales and Operations as required
- Recommend, present and sell appropriate products and services identified based on customer need as well as follow-up on direct marketing opportunities
- Serve as back-up in sales platform and open new accounts as needed
- Maintain proficiency in new account opening systems and procedures
- Participate in customer acquisition and retention activities
- Identify partner referral opportunities and submit referrals in the appropriate sales tracking systems
- Monitor and coach employees on proper utilization of Branch systems and tools to document customer information for effective and consistent utilization of our contact management system
- Maintain a current and thorough understanding of all consumer and business-related products and services
40% Customer Service and Operations
- Lead, monitor and coach branch employees to deliver a consistent positive customer experience.
- Resolve customer issues and complaints in a timely, professional and effective manner.
- Act as liaison with other support areas of the Bank to resolve customer issues. When necessary, may be required to perform activities related to other branch positions (e.g. cash handling). Oversee branch operations in conjunction with the Branch Manager
- Develop and manage employee schedules
- Serve as primary Operations Officer and maintain proficiency in operating policies and procedures
- Resolve customer issues and complaints in a timely, professional and effective manner
- Act as liaison with other support areas of the Bank to resolve customer issues
- Serve as Security Coordinator for the Branch
- Perform teller transactions and maintain cash drawer within prescribed cash limits and meet cash balancing requirements
- Exercise sound judgment when processing customer transactions and providing approvals
- Partner with the Branch Manager in training and supporting risk mitigation activities
- Ensure a safe and effective operating environment and that employees are trained in Bank safety and security procedures
- Ensure staff is fully trained on, and adheres to, all branch functions as well as current Bank personnel policies and programs
20% - Risk Management and Compliance
- Responsible for following and adhering to all bank operational and security policies and procedures, including compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality.
- Ensure customer information meets bank and regulatory documentation.
- Adhere to the SAFE Act requirements.
10% Training / Coaching
- Assist in creating and managing a strong sales, service and operations culture, fostering an environment in which all branch employees excel and achieve scorecard goals.
- Coach and monitor staff to ensure consistent performance expectations are achieved.
- Provide ongoing guidance, coaching and training to branch employees to ensure they are able to perform their job effectively.
- Effectively cross-train entire staff to provide consistent levels of customer experience and to enable individual career development of Branch employees.
Education, Licensure, Year of Experience (and type of work experience):
- Requires 3 to 5 years of financial services experience, with an emphasis in operations
- Requires previous supervisory, administrative and analytical skills and work experience
- Requires experience in customer service, communications and time management
- Previous knowledge of operations and regulatory requirements is also required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Preferred skills include general knowledge of Windows, MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Requires a thorough knowledge of all Bank products and services, as well as effective communication and sales abilities
- A background in operations and/or financial services (to include consumer lending) is preferred
- Proven sales track record and sound operational and risk management knowledge required
- Under minimal supervision, must be able to solve complex customer transactions and/or service issues, while providing outstanding customer service
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.