IT Service Desk ManagerApply Now
- Requisition # 10034153-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Arlington, TEXAS
- Date Posted 04/06/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
IT Service Desk Manager
The Service Desk Manager (SDM) is a critical role in our IT Service Management (ITSM) operation. The SDM is responsible for overseeing day-to-day activities of service-desk operations to ensure users and business teams receive the support they require. The role is part general management, part service operations and part special projects – the service desk manager wears many hats and takes ownership of key outcomes. In addition to managing a potentially large staff of support agents, the service desk manager also monitors operations to make sure tickets are addressed in a timely manner, as well as serving as the service-desk liaison to major business-impacting initiatives.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the IT Service Desk. The areas of responsibility within the Service Desk include customer service, 1st level trouble isolation for technology services, products and components as well as business dealings with related vendors and other administrative and operational duties.
- Additional duties: Re-engineer or setup the Service Desk according to industry standard methodologies.
- Develop and maintain formal procedures for consistency and increased productivity. Implement methodologies to improve first call resolution, manage customer perceptions, and build strong business unit relationships.
- Management of staff: Duties include interviewing, hiring staff and the termination of staff; recommending salary changes, job promotions; setting work hours, conducting counseling /performance reviews, and planning of the staff ‘s work.
- Management of operations: Defines service levels, service agreements and leads the service desk operation. Establishes dept processes to identify, track, raise, resolve and report customer problems. Ensures department meets established customer service standards. Monitors staff production. Analyzes the technical performance and reliability of products, systems and services against identified standards and practices to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for designing and implementing technical service restorations processes and assigning the appropriate level staff for solving problems to identify, testing and diagnosing computer system and peripheral equipment faults.
- Responsible for implementing management goals, identifying ways to improve service, and special projects as assigned. Participates in and ensures process alignment to support Change, Release, Incident, and problem management. Projects to provide information, assessments, and tools in support of the Service Desk functions. Researches and recommends new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Responsible for management reporting on a monthly basis. Middle level management in service desk/customer support functions. Works under general direction of senior level management. Manages and mentors supervisors, project leaders and/or technical staff.
- Possess 7 to 10 years of IT work experience including leading team(s) responsible for desktop support, customer service and/or production support in multi-platform environments.
- Thrive in dynamic and fast pace environments were balancing the needs of multiple partners, is the key.
- making sound decisions using data, are key to success.
- Work well with a wide range of personalities, enjoy supporting both team members and customers, and have a solid ability to express empathy.
- Are astute in data-driven decision making leveraging experience, and judgment, along with a risk management mentality.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Technology
- Primary Location Arlington, Texas
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time