IT Service Management & Identity and Access Management Capability, Managing Director
Arlington, Texas; Tempe, Arizona; Dallas, Texas
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
IT Service Management & Identity and Access Management Capability, Managing Director
- Requisition # 10037730-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Arlington, TEXAS
- Other Locations Tempe, Dallas
- Date posted 08/28/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
This executive position will report directly into the Head of Technology and Infrastructure Operations (TIO) and is accountable for coordinating a broad range of activities for the TIO group. The leader will manage approximately 150 employees, and an additional 100 staff with third-party off-shore engagements, and critical federated alignment with partner organizational staff dependencies. These partner organizations include Development, Information Security, Architecture, Infrastructure capabilities, Platform capabilities and the Lines of Defense Risk organizations. This individual will leverage a strategic and a customer-centric approach with a focus on work-flow and processes to build strong capabilities across the team.
This role includes support of day-to-day operations for the IT Service Management capability and the Identity and Access Management capability. This role will work with all lines of business in support of improved Service Management as well as build a robust Identity and Access management organization.This leader will help set the standard that will be used across CUSO for both of these capabilities.
- Oversight of all aspects of IT Service Management. This includes Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Asset Management, Release Management and Business Management.
- Collaborate with Peers to reduce downtime during incidents.
- Drive a culture where problem management prevents the same incident from happening twice.
- Responsible for all operational Identity and Access management requests.
- Improve the employee experience by improving the response time for access requests.
- Comply with all deliverables, processes, and guidelines from internal departments, including Auditors, Operations Control Group, and BSA/AML as required.
- Develop, maintain, and test disaster recovery programs (in conjunction with Business Continuity Management) for critical systems and infrastructure in the functional areas, ensuring a platform for which the business can execute their business continuity plans.
- Accountable as a Process Owner (PO) for managed functional areas and appropriate risk controls, identification, mitigation and reporting metrics.
- Champion integration of existing processes with ServiceNow IT Operations Management strategy to support the digital transformation plan for the organization.
- Develop reporting standards/templates, and aggregated enterprise wide reporting for the technology organization (e.g. KPI, KRI, OKR’s etc.).
- Develop strategic real time measurements and reporting to drive the organization to operate smarter, better, and faster.
- Challenge the status quo and assess the organization design and structure.
- Lead and motivate a distributed, diverse work force through direct and indirect reports, develop and retain the human resources necessary to achieve positive business results.
- Support Technology and Operations needs across standardized costing, allocations, SLA’s benchmarking, and geographic optimization.
- Assure appropriate awareness and response to Regulatory, Risk Management, Compliance, Legal, Audit activities, findings and directives as needed.
- Ensure the development and operationalization of standards, policies and processes to identify report and mitigate operational risk exposures within the enterprise.
Education and Certifications:
- 4 year college degree (e.g., B.A., B.S.) is required; an advanced degree or MBA is a plus.
- PMI Certification is a plus.
- IT Service Management (ITSM) knowledge based on ITIL required.
- Six Sigma Green and/or Black Belt certifications a plus.
- Experience with ServiceNow is a plus.
- Experience in waterfall and agile scrum methodologies are required.
- Proven track record driving a customer focused culture.
- Must have led and been accountable for a sizable internal IT organization through a technology and culture transformation.
- Demonstrated the ability to make sound decisions during stressful events.
- Requires 15+ years in technology management, encompassing the full life cycle of design, planning, and execution with BAU handover to day-to-day operations.
- Requires 15+ years’ leadership and management experience with delivering complex technology transformation programs within a rigorous project management framework.
- Strong leadership and people management skills to build a cohesive team of members capable of succession to more senior roles. Evidence of coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing team members.
- Understanding of the US regulatory environment, Office of the Comptroller of Currency (OCC), and Federal Reserve regulations (FRB).
- Strong management, organizational and evaluative process skills. Ability to analyze complex organizational and technical issues to improve performance and efficiency.
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills, including strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills.
- Added specialized areas which are a plus include user experience design – service portal; service mapping; SAM; Cross Platform Integration (SAP, Workday, SharePoint); Machine learning, AI; Robotic Process Automation (RPA); Virtual Agent and Chatbot and emerging capabilities.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- An understanding of Systems Delivery Life Cycle and Project/Program.
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) pertaining to the finance services industry.
- Strong working experience in the DevOps methodology and Agile Development.
- Solid understanding of open source software solutions and Cloud based offerings and services.
- Skillfully craft senior-level stakeholder presentations, tailored appropriately to the audience.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Addresses conflicts appropriately, and builds production partnerships with customers, business partners, and stakeholders in order to achieve targeted business results.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses