Lead Service Now CMDB Engineer, Vice President
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Lead Service Now CMDB Engineer, Vice President
- Requisition # 10039645-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Arlington, TEXAS
- Date posted 11/21/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
Our diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better – from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
We are looking for an experienced ServiceNow Configuration Management Database Engineer (CMDB) with ServiceNow functional expertise, competencies and knowledge of Configuration Management process to support IT Service Management transformation. This is a key member of Service Reliability Engineering team.
- Ensure the integration and support of the Configuration Management process to the other ITIL processes such as Incident, Problem, Change, Release.
- Plan, manage and control the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to ensure the accuracy of configuration data and proper reporting and status accounting
- Work with various stakeholders and CI data owners to ensure the quality of the CMDB data is maintained and all Configuration Items are up-to-date
- Continuous improvements for the automation and maintenance of non-discoverable data attributes including integration of other asset management systems as required
- Conduct data quality analysis, provide recommendations to address data quality issues, and manage the implementation of approved recommendations
- Manage Configuration Item review attestations to ensure accuracy and completeness of undiscoverable configuration items maintained within the CMDB
- Participate in the planning, designing and implementing of the Service Model in CMDB to ensure visibility across the infrastructure environment
- Manage and define Configuration Management exception criteria, tracking, reporting and workflows.
- Document business requirements, workflows, use cases, functional requirements, test plans, test cases, and data mappings for new enhancements or modifications to CMDB functionality
- Develop training guides and communications regarding new features and functionality
- Responsible for conducting formal and informal training sessions with business and technical end users
- Build reports for data verification requests.
- Document and annotate scripts, process flows, update sets, and other workflows associated with ServiceNow development.
- Work with project team and analysts to document and/or review project requirements, implementation plans, and test plans with the ability to work in both a waterfall and agile project methodology setting.
- Attend scheduled meetings with customers, analysts, project managers, developers, and team members.
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in Configuration Management development, CI discovery, and CMDB integrations with the Service Now CMDB module.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting Service Now Discovery, CMDB, and ITAM database structures, data management, and process enhancement
- Strong familiarity with relational database concepts
- Familiarity with SNMP, SSH, and WMI based discovery and authentication
- Familiarity and experience with designing and configuring Certification Campaigns as part of yearly efforts to certify data by key stakeholders
- Working knowledge and experience with IT Service management processes.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders in solving business process and/or technical problems.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience in analyzing and recommending ITSM strategies based on desired business outcomes and priorities.
- Experience implementing integrations between ServiceNow and external systems.
- Experience using Jira and Confluence is preferred.
- Familiarity with User Interface design and User Experience concepts is a plus.
- Deep understanding of agile/scrum methodology.
- Good understanding of ITIL.
Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses