Knowledge Base Manager, Analyst
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Knowledge Base Manager, Analyst
- Requisition # 10045293-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Arlington, TEXAS
- Date posted 07/22/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Knowledge Base Manager, Analyst
In this role you will focus on managing all processes related to the ongoing governance of the MUFG Union Bank knowledge base, including its overall health and best practices. The KB articles you will create and manage contain the identification, prioritization, support, and resolution of end-user service requests and incident issue resolution (level two/field support).
Other responsibilities include defining, maintaining, and reporting on service level agreement (SLA) compliance and metrics and working closely with business and technology teams to forecast demand, deploy end-point technologies, and drive continuous improvements across process and technology used by our employees and our support organization.
- Resolve service desk tickets and improve service methods as directed, ensuring compliance with customer service standards and procedures
- Ensure the availability of required hardware, software, and other tools necessary for the delivery of high-quality IT service
- Identify operational needs and recommend strategies to improve service processes
- Communicate with business unit clients to identify their requirements and facilitate the process for meeting their needs
- Conduct forecasts in order to identify possible future IT challenges and take necessary steps in minimizing risks
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware, software, and general IT systems
- Oversee the installation and setup of IT workstations and networks as required
- Maintain accurate inventory of hardware, software, and other relevant technological tools
- Ensure the security and integrity of ticketing systems and databases
- Actively participate in procedure updates & improvements, knowledge base documentation & maintenance, and recommendations for systemic changes to improve our IT environment posture and user experience.
- Perform the Service Desk support role as second level, either to resolve the issue, or determine further escalation path. There is no walkup “deskside” support in this role.
- Voice of the Customer through best in class soft-skills, identification of chronic issues, and reporting of data driven findings including recommendations for resolution to management and engineering teams.
- Provides supervision and major incident coordination, reviews and validates long-term solutions mitigating future occurrences of a problem.
- Manage Service Desk tickets in a timely manner using various tactics as needed.
- Performs root cause analysis and develop templates, checklists, and references for typical problems.
- Ensure proper turnover for Service Desk staff for new services, changes in environment, and new M&A’s by translating requests into technical specifications, documentation development, training, and QA.
- Use analytical and creative thinking to address moderately complex assignments with minimal supervision. Proactively contribute ideas for development and drive through development, approval, testing, and implementation.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions. Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process, follow-up with customers to ensure issues are resolved, and direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Detailed categorization and documentation of issues, customer interactions, troubleshooting steps taken, pertinent information gathered, and resolutions.
- 5+ years' experience in IT delivery services across a large organization required
- Experience in the banking or finance industries preferred. Experience in a highly regulated industry preferred.
- Proficiency in network fundamentals: TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, firewalls, proxies, Wi-Fi, VoIP, application of 802.1x protocol, and ability to troubleshoot network issues from endpoints within this scope.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 Suite including resolving Outlook profile, archive, permissions issues, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, and OneNote issue.
- Proficiency in administering and troubleshooting print services through printer servers and direct to IP printing.
- Proficiency in administering Network file sharing including drive mapping, permissions, and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with Service Now ITSM: Advanced ability to create reports, dashboards, and manipulate data for technical and trend analysis.
- Familiarity with Linux / Unix is a plus.
- Familiarity with ACD Tools (Avaya or Cisco a plus): Operations, reporting, skill-based call routing administration, IVR administration.
- Remote access/support tools: RDP, VDI Shadowing, Bomgar or similar remote support applications, and PsExec.
- Familiarity supporting VPN issues.
- Familiarity supporting multi-factor authentication (RSA, MS MFA, etc.).
- Familiarity with home network troubleshooting.
- Experience in collaborating with offshore and other IT infrastructure teams.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.