Sr. Trust Associate, Assistant Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10034000-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Beverly Hills, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 02/27/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients’ best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Senior Trust Associate, Assistant Vice President - Beverly Hills, California
Assist Trust Administrator(s) in the daily administration of accounts. Mentor, train and oversee the daily activities of other more junior Personal Trust Associates in their region.
- 40% Assist in the administration of accounts. In a timely and accurate manner for review by a trust officer or manager, perform functions that may include processing all receipt and disbursement transactions and ensure they are per the terms of the document and include proper authorization; confirm distributions directly with client if required in trust policy; prepare administrative reviews; and requests for discretionary payments for presentation to area committee for review; research accounts as necessary to resolve problems; establish files, statements, and ticklers for new accounts and respond requests from clients, accountants, investment managers auditors and attorneys; refer legal issues to legal support for tracking and follow-up; acts as liaison between trust administration and operations unit; provide backup phone coverage as required.
- 30% Oversight of Personal Trust Associates. Mentor, train and oversee the activities of the more junior associates in the region (i.e. resource for systems questions, training on policy and procedures, contacts within the bank for problem resolution etc.) Provide job specific training as requested.
- 20% Office Support. Review daily reports including GL reports; research and problem solve with minimal direct supervision and refer unresolved issues to Trust officer or Manager for resolution; request checks from accounts payable; prepare expense reports; request cashier check from branch; track special events; provide backup for other offices in the region when associates are on vacation.
- 10% Assist Regional Manager. Assist trust officers/regional manager with planning and projects that arise from time-to-time such as reports for budget information, account information for investment project and coding projects in SEI.
Requires intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
SEI or other trust system experience required
Minimum of 5 years trust or financial services industry experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Wealth Management
- Primary Location Beverly Hills, California
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time