Branch Manager, Assistant Vice President, Bothell, WAApply Now
- Requisition # 10049019-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Location Bothell, Washington
- Date Posted 12/07/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank®, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients’ best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential.
Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Responsible for all management of activities in a branch office. Manage staff to achieve the mission, vision, and values of the Bank, along with Bank strategic objectives and Branch specific sales and profitability goals. Ensures adherence to Bank policy and procedures by all Branch personnel. Depending on office/market location, the Branch Manager may be assigned specialty customer segments such as Priority, Cash and Save etc.
Branch Management 40%
- Manages branch as a profit center.
- Maintains branch at approved expenditure levels.
- Reviews, controls and reports on general ledger activity.
- Writes business letters and reports pertaining to branch operations.
- Responsible for the overall operating efficiency of the Branch, for delivering a consistent branch customer experience, and for coaching the sales and service staff.
- Administers Bank personnel policy and programs.
- Conducts recruiting activities for branch and interviews and selects employees for hire.
- Responsible for the development and training of branch personnel, including evaluations and performance reviews.
- Determines promotions and salary increases for branch personnel.
- Plans and assigns work to staff.
- Develops and manages employee work schedules.
- Evaluates processes and workflow to maximize productivity.
- Determines work methods to be used.
- Trains employees on expectations and policies.
- Provides constructive feedback to staff.
- Administers counseling, corrective action processes, and all disciplinary actions, including termination decisions.
- Handles complaints and grievances and escalates as appropriate.
Sales Management Activities: 40%
- Translates Bank strategic sales objectives into specific branch activities.
- Responsible for behavioral based coaching, as well as the development and performance of all sales activities at the branch.
- Directs and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
- Establishes the plan and strategy to acquire, retain, and expand the branch's customer base and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for staff.
- Develops sales and revenue generating programs.
- Responsible for coaching and ensuring the performance of sales staff, as well as for the attainment of sales targets.
- Trains employees on sales techniques. Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets and acquire new customers.
- Prepares action plans for individuals and branch teams (if appropriate) for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Conducts routine meetings, including one-on-one reviews, with all sales and service staff to build more effective communications, understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of skill sets and activity performance.
- Maintains and monitors production or sales records for use in supervision.
- Assists sales staff in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of the company's products or services.
- Keeps abreast of evolving industry and competitive practices.
Risk Management/Compliance: (20%)
- Ensures that operating procedures are being followed.
- provides guidance and training to branch personnel on operating Risk issues and handling of exceptions and adjustments
- Performs function of branch safety and security officer.
- Ensures that the office is operating in a safe and effective manner.
Branch Manager grading level is based on points in loans and deposits.
- The branch manager position requires 5 to 7 years of community banking experience with an emphasis in sales, small business lending, business development.
- Proven successful supervisory, administrative and analytical skills.
- Success in this position requires excellent customer service, communication and time management skills.
- Previous knowledge of operations and regulatory requirements is also required.
- General knowledge of Windows, MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Current portfolio of business or community networking contacts, commercial lending, direct lending or commercial loan underwriting experience with a history of delegated lending authority is highly preferred.
- Experience teaching in a school setting or training in a business setting preferred.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.