Audit - Project Auditing, Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10037144-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Brea, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 07/31/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
The VP, Audit Portfolio Manager is responsible for leading independent, objective assurance and consulting activities designed to evaluate and assess the effectiveness of the Bank’s governance, risk management and control processes. The position’s primary area of coverage is business strategic initiatives and project audits including project management and operational controls. This role includes, but is not limited to, independently owning the successful execution of the end-to-end audit process (e.g. planning, fieldwork testing, reporting, issues validation, etc.). The Audit Lead also establishes direction for staff on more complex audit activities and project deliverables across the organization.
Management or Supervision:
May supervise staff during an audit engagement at the VP Level and below
- Act as a leader, developing and promoting a workplace culture that values diversity of thought, promotes integrity and creates an atmosphere that supports coaching and fosters accountability
- Engage as a team player across peer group while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations
- Effectively manage executive relationships (internally and externally), clients and peers to mutually accountable, productive, respectful, and trusted level and exhibit a high standard of performance and professional conduct that will create a culture of integrity and inclusion; where all individual and departmental choices are rooted in good judgment and support MUFG's Principal of Ethics and Conduct
- Identify and understand risks and controls in changing environments with the ability to execute the full life cycle of an audit, from planning to audit close
- Perform risk assessments and analyze risk trends at a macro level, identifying signs of changing risk levels and/or symptoms of process control breakdowns
- Assess the business’ governance, risk management and control environment and generate insightful, meaningful observations that effectively convey significance and impact on risk and/or risk management practices
- Maintain compliance with audit methodology, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable standards and regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations
- Establish audit scope inclusive of key risks relevant to the areas under review, with test objectives and test programs designed to opine on the design and operating effectiveness of controls and ensure appropriate depth of testing
- Assign and review the staff selected for audit engagements to ensure appropriate skillsets for execution
- Review and challenge audit staff and audit judgment in scoping, risk and control identification, findings and observations, and documentation to ensure accuracy
- Provide constructive input to Audit & Finance Committee and Management reporting
Education, Licensure, Year of Experience (and type of work experience):
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Business Administration or related business discipline at an accredited college or university
- Professional auditing certifications, such as the CIA, CISA, CPA, or CFSA, are highly desirable
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 6-8 years and/or equivalent of experience of internal audit and/or equivalent of experience with the financial services industry, related markets, and related regulatory agencies
- Extensive experience preferred in project and/or operational audits
- Possesses strong project management skills; preferably within internal audit functions; exhibits initiative and intuitive thinking; and demonstrates ability to meet strict deadlines
- Exhibits effective communication (both verbal and written), negotiation and presentation skills; strong interpersonal skills; and ability to engage with all levels of internal audit and business line management
- Employs strong critical thinking skills to identify pragmatic recommendations within an evolving and increasingly complex regulatory and risk management environment
- Proficiency in technology as required for assigned areas (MS Office, audit data analytics, etc.)
- Ability to travel may be required
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.