Commercial Real Estate Underwriting AnalystApply Now
- Requisition # 10046955-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Brea, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 09/11/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank®, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients’ best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
Under the supervision of the Underwriting Manager, reviews and evaluates credit packages and provides an evaluation of risks on loan requests for secured multi-family and smaller commercial income property loans.
- All duties performed under the supervision of the Underwriting Manager or a senior commercial underwriter.
- Loan size will typically be $5,000,000 or less and be non-complex with regards to loan structure, property type and borrower financial status: Review, analysis, and risk grading of smaller loan packages on loan requests submitted by loan officers.
- Review, analysis, and risk assessment of physical characteristics of selected commercial property types, generally residential income projects (multi-family buildings and mobile-home parks), based on information provided and as deemed necessary, on physical inspection of the property and neighborhood.
- Review, analysis, and risk assessment of property operating statements for various types of properties under Underwriting Manager's supervision.
- Review, analysis and risk assessment of personal and business entity financial statements, credit reports and supporting data for most non-complex borrowing entities under Underwriting Manager's supervision.
- Review, analysis, and risk assessment of management experience.
- Provide concise summaries of risk factors in each of the aforementioned areas.
- Under Underwriting Manager's supervision, review appraisals, environmental reports, and property condition inspection reports to identify other risk factors for most property types.
- Identify and specify loan funding/closing requirements/conditions necessary to limit risk to the association and ensure compliance with loan policies and procedures.
- Assist in Internal Asset Review activities.
- Associate degree or higher in business, finance or real estate preferred.
- Some previous underwriting related experience preferred.
- One or more years of relevant experience in commercial and income property related real estate, appraisal, finance, credit, title, escrow, internal asset review, or lending.
- Good knowledge of apartments and mobile home parks.
- Additional knowledge relating to office, retail, industrial, and specialty commercial properties would be desirable.
- General knowledge of real estate markets within Bank's Lending areas.
- Ability to evaluate most basic personal and business financial statements and tax returns (work generally performed under supervision of Underwriting Manager).
- Ability to evaluate credit. Competent in MS Excel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.