Customer Service AssociateApply Now
- Requisition # 10033199-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Brea, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 01/30/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
Reporting to the Supervisor or Manager of the Japanese Customer Service Unit, the Customer Service Associate I (CSA I) for support is responsible for high quality telephone service to the Japanese deposit customers of the Bank. The Associate handles outbound service calls include banking inquiries, transaction requests, and reviews and processes client maintenance requests with complete accuracy. The Associate handles incoming mail, fax requests, and address change requests. Requires knowledge of Bank policy, practices, and standards to resolve problems, answer questions, handle transactions, arrange for special requests, and make decisions under assigned authority.
Management or Supervision: No
- Customer Service 75%: Actively identifies client needs and ensures requests are fulfilled completely, correctly and within service standards.
- Outbound calls to work directly with a customer in order to identify needs, provide correct answers, and complete requests efficiently which may include problem resolution, handing service complaints, and coordinating with various Bank departments in the identification and resolution of operational issues.
- Ensures follow up within the expected time commitment to customer requests.
- Demonstrates accuracy, excellent follow up skills, accountability, and ownership of each client request.
- Ensures authentication and entitlement is established and all risk controls are followed.
- Documents actions in case/interaction notes.
- Collaborates, establishes, and maintains excellent working relationships with colleagues, sharing best practices to enhance the client experience.
Performs other duties/special projects for the department as required.
- Risk Management / Administrative 25%: Stays abreast of policy and practices by participating in training, huddles, and reading job related communications. Requires complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, bank practices and standards.
- Consistently meets individual performance standards for attendance, timeliness, quality, efficiency, and schedule adherence.
- Understands and utilize Bank documents and agreements to make decisions and analyze risk in order to accommodate client requests.
- Performs other duties/special projects for the department as required.
- Education, Licensure, Year of Experience (and type of work experience):
High School diploma or higher
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1+ year of demonstrated business experience and knowledge experience with customer service
- Excellent communication skills required
- Able to work independently with maximum efficiency
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks with excellent follow up
- Flexibility and willingness to work any schedule
- PC knowledge (Microsoft Office Suite)
Bilingual skills preferred: Japanese and English (Business level Japanese)
Schedule: Monday - Saturday
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Customer and Client Services
- Primary Location Brea, California
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time