Shift Service SupervisorApply Now
- Requisition # 10033521-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Brea, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 02/18/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
Responsible for ongoing management of the California Account Customer Support Unit Staff, New Account Processors, Japanese Teleservices Call Center Agents and FSS Call Center Agents, which includes training, motivating, call monitoring, and performance evaluations. Direct and support workflow processes, perform control and follow-up of employees' work schedules and productivity and responsible for ensuring CACSU established service levels are met. Provides direct support to the Pacific Rim Company Benefits projects and the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi Direct Banking Call Center.
Must speak fluent Japanese and English and possess the ability to read, write and translate in both Japanese and English.
- Provide direction to CACSU staff representatives (15 or more employees) including Level I and II New Account Processors, Level I and II FSS Call Center agents and Japanese Teleservices agents.
- Direct and support workflow processes, performing control and follow-up of employees' work schedules and productivity.
- Coordinate and monitor daily duties of New Account Processors, FSS Call Center Agents and Japanese Call Center agents, setting expectations, deadlines and ensuring designated service levels are met.
- Perform call monitoring and coaching, evaluating calls to ensure the highest level of service and accuracy provided to customers as well as compliance to the bank's policies and procedures.
- Responsible for documenting employee performance and providing performance counseling when needed.
- Complete and deliver employee performance evaluations for assigned team. Assist in establishing goals and career path projections.
- Provide constructive feedback and proper training for employees to reach desired goals and recognize contributions.
- Motivate staff to achieve their individual and team goals for increased results.
- Monitor staff to ensure compliance with safety and security procedures.
- Responsible for reporting and filing claims on employee accidents or injuries and providing support for such situations immediately.
- Responsible for upholding organizational values, showing sensitivity and respect for cultural differences.
- Educating others on the value of diversity and promoting harassment free and drug free environment.
- Ensures CACSU processes and staff are complying with bank policies and procedures. Designs and provides accurate and timely reporting.
- Respond to and resolve customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner, handling the most difficult and complex service issues to resolution.
- Meet all Service Level Standards established for CACSU.
- Position typically requires three or more years of previous management/supervisory or Call Center management experience.
- Requires conflict resolution ability.
- Encourages open communication and confronts difficult situations.
- Maintains objectivity and demonstrates negotiation skills.
- Requires a willingness to make decisions and support and explain reasoning.
- Displays original thinking and creativity, meeting challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Customer and Client Services
- Primary Location Brea, California
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time