Americas Financial Crimes Associate, Assistant Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10037525-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Irving, TEXAS
- Date Posted 11/20/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. Its part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
This is new position has been created for the purpose of establishing Americas Operations Intelligence & Analytics capabilities for BTMU.
One of several key positions in the new Americas Financial Crimes Division Operations function, this position will be responsible for (1) threshold tuning, (2) optimization of rules tuning and existing filter platform to improve effectiveness and efficiency, (3) create and execute test cases and scripts for testing of changes and releases (4) create tailor business rules to reduce hit rate, prepare tuning data, reviewing hit reduction strategies (5) identify and mitigate sanctions risks through periodic risk assessment on algorithms and rules. The incumbent is responsible for supporting leadership to ensure a globally consistent effort that enables continuing improvement to the sanctions screening capabilities and further mitigate potential financial crime.
• In connection with the Americas Financial Crimes program –
• Ability to independently manage, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and responsibilities
• Create and execute test cases and scripts for testing of changes and releases
• Create tailored business rules to reduce hit rate, prepare tuning data, reviewing hit reduction strategies
• Plan, design, develop/implement code/configuration for Sanctions screening application;
• Identify and mitigate sanctions risks through periodic risk assessment on algorithms and rules;
•Perform data analysis to determine and verify business requirements/issues specification, flows and deliverables for projects;
• Produce meaningful reports from output of Sanctions screening for reporting to senior management
• Create statistical representative samples for ATL/BTL testing in order to validate that the sanctions screening model is effective and functioning accordingly.
• Process large amount of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis.
• Develop and test experimental designs, sampling techniques, and analytical methods in order to monitor new typologies and emerging risks.
• Develop data mining methodologies, including logistic regression, random forest, xgboost and Bayesian networks
• Help develop of models involving tuning, calibration, segmentation and optimization.
• Support the development of policies and procedures for sanctions screening life cycle.
• Coordinate with Global and regional Intelligence & Analytics teams to implement on the global model.
• Work collaboratively across functional teams within GFCD and region to ensure effective and efficient operations with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
• Knowledge of Sanction Screening Optimization and Tuning.
• Knowledge of mathematics particularly statistics.
• Ability to code using R or Python for customer segmentation and data analytics.
• Ability to solve problems through mathematical and deductive reasoning.
• 3-5 years’ experience designing, analyzing, testing and/or validating BSA/AML models, and/or OFAC sanctions screening models.
• Familiarity implementing, testing or evaluating performance of financial crime and compliance systems.
• Proven track record of strong quantitative testing and statistical analysis techniques as it pertains to BSA/AML models, including name similarity matching, classification accuracy testing, unsupervised/supervised machine learning, neural networks, fuzzy logic matching, decision trees, etc.
• Familiarity of current compliance rules and regulations of the FRB, SEC, OCC, FATF, FinCEN, OFAC, and familiarity with USA PATRIOT Act, BSA/AML and OFAC screening regulations.
• Prior experience designing compliance program tuning and configuration methodologies, including what-if detection scenario analytics, excess over threshold, and sampling above/below-the-line (ATL/BTL) testing.
• Working knowledge of one or more of the following programming platforms: SAS, Matlab, R, Python, SQL, VBA, etc.
• Familiarity with vendor models like Hotscan, Actimize SAM/WLF, SearchSpace, RDC, Bridger Insight, ACE Pelican, TCH OFAC Screening (EPN), FICO Credit/Debit, Guardian Analytics, and ThreatMetrix.
• Strong knowledge about model risk management and associated regulatory requirements
• Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, quantitative analysis, economics or related field is required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Experience interacting with the Executive Committee Leadership, control function leadership, and compliance subject matter experts
• Proven excellence in execution in complex and demanding situations
• Collaborative with strong interpersonal communication skills
• Systemic thinker across enterprise
• Process oriented coupled with a strong ability to develop appropriate program enhancing strategies
• Detail-oriented and organized execution
• Executive level presentation skills
• An Enterprise Risk Management perspective
• Experience interfacing with banking regulators and enforcement staff
• Thorough understanding of an effective financial crimes risk management framework
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• The ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, including Bank staff, management, directors and prudential regulators
• Ability to work autonomously and initiate and prioritize own work
• Ability to work with teams of project managers
• Solid judgment, strong negotiating skills, and a practical approach to implementation – including knowledge of Bank systems
• Ability to balance regulatory requirements with the best interests of the Bank and its customers
• Ability to prepare analytical reports and visual representation of information.
• Ability to apply mathematical principles or statistical approaches where needed to solve problems.
Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.