Business Intelligence (BI) Developer - Junior
Charlotte, North Carolina
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer - Junior
- Requisition # 10036991-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA
- Date posted 08/21/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
- Admin Duties 75% - Install and configure Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) 11g and 12c software on Windows and Linux. Support general health of the software and server such as troubleshooting, clearing up temp space and purging log files. Perform scheduled critical security patching or upgrades. Respond to adhoc inquries about the system including usage patterns, security configuration and other audit-related activities. Perform code migrations of RPD, web catalog and miscellaneous configuration changes.
- Development Duties 25% - Design and develop RPD and web catalog dashboards and reports in response to business requirements. Write SQL for analysis and development unit testing. Participate in designing interfaces of ODI addition/customization of data sources, dimensions & facts. Meet with Analysts to understand business and technical requirements; collaborate with team members on finding solutions with best practices. Write technical design documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Foundational knowledge of Linux and shell scripting, OBIEE, and Fusion Middleware including Web Logic Admin Console and Enterprise Manager. Knowledge of data warehouse modelling and performance tuning techniques in an Oracle environment. Excellent organizational and communication skills. Ability to work with team members in remote locations, including offshore, attending meetings in late or early hours. Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Prefer: Experience with standardized or automated processes such as scripted code migrations, RPD connection pool changes, RPD XML patching, and web logic scripting.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.