Commercial Loan Deal Closing AnalystApply Now
- Requisition # 10044484-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA
- Date Posted 06/10/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
MUFG’s Loan Operations team services several lines of business within MUFG for the Americas; including Wholesale and Investment Banking, Japanese Corporate Banking, Securitization, and Supply Chain Finance. The Loan Operations team provides end to end loan origination, servicing, restructuring and trading support. Services are tailored to meet the needs of the clients and line of businesses including, but not limited to: Loan Origination, Deal Closing & Funding, Collateral/Document Review/Doc Workflow Management, Loan Servicing, Trade Confirmations & Settlement, Credit Control functions, and Syndicated/Agent Bank Booking and Servicing. The Deal Closing Administrators are broadly responsible for coordinating complex syndicated and bi-lateral loans, and letter of credit transactions for the Corporate Bank’s lines of business. The Team works closely with the Relationship and Portfolio Managers, ensuring all required documents, reference data, and critical information are reviewed for operational feasibility, optimal execution mechanics, regulatory requirements and mitigation of operational risk. The team partners with various internal and external parties including, but not limited to, Debt Capital Markets, Portfolio/Relationship Management, Loan and Agency Services, Finance, Legal, Trade Counterparties, as well as external Agent Banks and Lender clients. The team also interacts with their counterparts in other Regions and Legal Entities throughout MUFG’s robust network of Operations areas.
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of Japanese Corporate Banking clients, active leveraged and high grade loan transactions for our Business Partners
- Support the execution and closing of complex loan transactions, including, but not limited to; new deals, refinancing, amendments, acquisition financings, and re-pricings
- Collect and review legal loan documentation to perform a detailed review against required Legal, Credit, and Regulatory approvals, as per Bank policy, as well as perform Facility booking in the MUFG System of Record
- Review internal loan related documents and notices for accuracy and completeness and provide the Back Office with all necessary information/instruction for loan/fee booking
- Liaise and coordinate pre-closing requirements with internal and external clients (i.e. Portfolio Management, Bilateral, Syndications, Credit, Loan and Agency Services, Finance, Legal, and Back Office Servicing)
- Review and advise on funding mechanics and operational requirements as it pertains to internal booking, according to Operational policies
- Perform cyclical Review and Monitoring of Financial Covenants for active Credit Agreements in individual’s portfolio.
- Liaise with Relationship/Portfolio Manager for latency and any Covenant Breaches
- Assist with ad-hoc inquiries from the Front Office, Controllers, Reporting, and the Back Office pertaining to the closing process and ongoing maintenance
- Schedule internal conference calls to ensure pre-closing requirements have been met and resolve / escalate any outstanding issues (for Admin Agent/Lead transactions)
- Assist internal colleagues with fee documentation and recognition
- Initiate and coordinate trade settlement process with ClearPar system and coordinate with Syndications and internal trade settlement teams for Institutional trades and asset sales
- Execution of best practices of control, risk mitigation and escalation
- Participate in projects and provide valuable input with various working groups, with the goal to continually enhance performance and efficiency
- Knowledge of Banking Regulations and Standard Practices.
- Periodically reviews the relevant procedures to ensure appropriate control and consistency with Head Office guidelines and bank regulations.
- Ensures adherence to all bank policies and procedures relative to Regulatory Compliance including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, Privacy Act, Regulations Q& X, Customer identification Program, Know Your Customer, Suspicious Activity Reports.
- Undergraduate degree plus 1- 3 years of Bilateral and Syndicated Loan experience or equivalent knowledge is preferred
- Understanding of the Loan product / Syndicated Loan business, including an understanding of a credit agreement, loan funding mechanics, deal structure, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial services, specifically within Wholesale and Investment Banking
- Prior experience working in a Corporate environment where there is a need to prioritize and balance numerous responsibilities
- Proven ability to collaborate with team members and senior management across and within the lines of business with a keen attention to detail, strong oral and written communication skills, and strong analytical capability
- Ability to operate in a challenging and rapidly changing environment with a desire to accept new assignments and the ability to learn new principles and dynamic systems quickly
- Critical decision-making abilities including the ability to identify, escalate, and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to multi-task through the practice of strong organizational and time management skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.