Data Management – Associate Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10043223-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA
- Other Locations ARIZONA-Tempe, NEW YORK-New York
- Date Posted 04/21/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Note: Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
The Associate Vice President, Senior Auditor, is a line management role within Internal Audit for the Americas (IAA). It reports to the Data Audit Director (Senior Portfolio Manager) and is responsible for executing assigned audits and engagements focused on data management (data governance, standards, taxonomy, architecture, and quality management), strategic data initiatives and data transformation programs. This position is also responsible for internal and external stakeholder management and accountable for the quality of work. This position does not manage staff in a reporting line relationship.
- Execute an efficient and effective program of audit work including leading interviews of process owners to develop understanding of business processes
- Identify potential risks and controls, and assist in developing audit scope and work programs
- Evaluate internal controls design and effectiveness
- Identify control weaknesses and suggest appropriate remediation
- Document results using appropriate business and technical language in workpaper system
- Discuss and report audit issues to Portfolio Manager or Senior Portfolio Manager
- Complete workpapers on a timely basis and with high quality
- Maintain compliance with audit methodology, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations
- Effectively manage stakeholder relationships to a mutually accountable, productive, respectful, and trusted level
- Build relationships with peers and colleagues within IAA
- Act as a role model and continuously improve self and the department
Qualifications and Required Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g., accounting, finance, economics, information technology) is required
- 4+ years audit experience, previously leading and/or supporting audit engagements (e.g. risk assessment, control design and testing, etc.)
- Experience in risk assessment, audit methodology and execution
- Knowledge of data management, governance and related data concepts such data dictionary, data lineage, golden sources, etc., including applicable laws and regulations (e.g. BCBS 239) is an advantage
- Professional certification strongly preferred (CIA, CPA and/or CISA) and Public Accounting (Big 4) experience is a plus
- Experience with the financial industry, related markets and regulatory bodies is a plus
- Experience in project management and coordination efforts across multiple groups, preferably within enterprise-wide internal audit functions is a plus
- Ability to identify and understand controls in changing environments
- Possesses strong project management skills; exhibits initiative and intuitive thinking; and demonstrates ability to meet strict deadlines
- Exhibits effective communication (both verbal and written), negotiation and presentation skills; strong interpersonal skills; and ability to engage with internal audit and business line management
- Employs strong critical thinking skills to identify pragmatic recommendations within an evolving and increasingly complex regulatory and risk management environment
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities
- Proficiency in technology as required for assigned areas (MS Office, Audit Documentation Systems, etc.)
- Aligned with MUFG Code of Conduct, exhibits strong ethical behavior and adheres to other similar professional requirements.
- Ability to travel occasionally if the need arises
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.