Internal Audit Operations, Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10038119-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA
- Date Posted 09/16/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The Vice President, Global Internal Audit Operations role within the Internal Audit for the It reports to the Director of Global Internal Audit Operations. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the Global Audit Operations function primarily focusing on Operational, Analytical, and Board reporting, including Executive and Audit Committee reporting. An ideal candidate applying for this role must have excellent communication skills and be able to blend into the work culture, be able to influence seniors and juniors alike, embrace a dynamic environment, contribute to enhancing the function with the use of technology, be pragmatic, and work collaboratively across the group while being a team player.
- Lead initiative to put together metrics to key stakeholders which include the Chief Audit Executive, Americas Finance Committee and other Executive Level Committee and Boards.
- Enhance and oversee the department wide monthly and quarterly performance reporting deliverables. Activities may include managing the project/deliverable timelines, aggregating the relevant materials, conceptualizing data, summarizing key messages, performing quality control and reconciliation, and ensuring high quality presentation materials.
- Consistently and independently deliver accurate performance reporting within the mandated time schedule
- Actively participate and support management in the Global Annual Audit Planning process. Thereafter, support the annual plan to adjust for changes and contingencies.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to collect and reconcile the performance data set to help ensure data quality, completeness, accuracy, and integrity
- Proactively drive continuous improvements by seeking ways to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the work performed by the individual teams within Audit Operations, including enhancing reports and dashboards to deliver more value and insight to stakeholders, automating manual activities, and ongoing uplift of the reporting process
- Develop required playbooks, procedures and templates supporting Audit Operations
- Build and maintain key relationships across the Department and within the Global Audit Operations function
- Participate in ad-hoc activities related to Audit Operations, such as process improvement projects and governance of applicable Operations related project management tools
- Expand knowledge of industry leading practices related to Audit Operations through industry guidance, regulatory expectations and networking opportunities
- Direct and train junior team members on Audit Operations Activities
7-10 Years of Experience in Internal Audit Operations or in an Operations/ Analytics function
Big 4 experience preferred
Board and Executive Committee reporting and skills
Strong organizational and presentation skills
Excellent communication (verbal, written and listening) and interpersonal skills.
Ability to communicate with all levels within the Department
Strong Project and Program Management skills
Attention to detail, adaptable and work with minimal supervision
Must be able to manage multiple projects and organize time effectively
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers and business partners
Ability to research, compile and analyze information
Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Knowledge of audit workflow tools is preferred
Experience with the financial industry and related markets, related regulatory bodies, and current industry events and trends
Deep knowledge of risk assessment, audit methodology, and audit practices
Proven track record in project management and coordination / integration efforts across multiple groups
Other skills as required in assigned areas of responsibility
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.