Charlotte, North Carolina
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
- Requisition # 10038996-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA
- Date posted 11/24/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
- Administer and support Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence, ServiceDesk) instances and associated user access privileges
- Design and Implement enhancement of JIRA environment and integration with other systems
- Build real-time and batch integrations for the Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence, ServiceDesk) with metadata applications such as Collibra and Archer
- Replace the manual reporting processes with automated reporting processes
- Support backup and recovery strategies for Atlassian products
- Capture and evangelize tips / best practices for company to make the most effective use of Atlassian tools
- Partner with cross-functional teams to design and implement Atlassian solutions consistent with industry best practices
- Gather requirements for business processes, and determine ways to optimize/improve JIRA setup and workflows, as well as identify where functionality can/cannot meet user requests; Provide JIRA training to users
- Develop/Integrate/Configure JIRA & Confluence plug-ins; Create custom web hooks and build integrations in other systems
- Create Application Documentation (User Guide, Operations Guide, Training Manual, Change Management Process, etc.)
- Manage migrations, periodic upgrades, patches, fixes, and continuous improvement/continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ programming experience in at least one of Python, Groovy, Perl, Java, and/or .NET or equivalent
- 3+ Experience with administering Atlassian products such as JIRA, Confluence on Cloud
- 3+ Experience with development and managing Jira creating workflows, schemes, etc.
- 3+ Experience with API integrations to/from Atlassian products; Experience with installing various JIRA plug-ins such as JIRA Agile, JIRA Email Message Handler, Automation plug-in, Script Runner, zephyr etc.
- Familiarity with Windows & Unix/Linux administration
- Hands-on experience in advanced SQL
- Experience in version control management tools like CVS, Subversion and GIT.
- Strong written and oral communications
- Solid analytical, organizational, troubleshooting and problem-solution skills
- Solid presentation and technical and non-technical communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to establish mutually productive and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability and desire to learn and administer new tools & technologies quickly
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.