Operational Risk Manager Custody and Corporate Trust - Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10045457-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA
- Other Locations ARIZONA-Tem
- Date Posted 07/22/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
We're seeking an Operational Risk Manager who will be reporting to the Director of Operational Risk Review and Challenge for the Transaction Banking Business, responsible for executing the second line of defense Operational Risk Management (“ORM”) review and challenge program across the Custody and Corporate Trust business lines, as well as other Business Lines as assigned.
- Ensure the results of all work performed (including deliverables related to Scorecard, RCSA, Operational Risk Partners/SMEs, Findings Management, etc.) is documented in accordance with pre-defined standards and is ready for key stakeholder review upon request.
- Monitor review and challenge activities to ensure that Business Lines and corporate functions have implemented and executed ORM programs (RCSA, Loss data, Scenario, KRM, Issue Management etc.,) in accordance with the firm’s policy, and various program requirements
- Document, track and validate findings and provide adequate documentation for closure.
- Perform analysis and identify root causes of where ORM program requirements are not being met.
- Embrace organizational (and departmental) change by proposing and executing creative solutions to enhance identified barriers.
- Propose Continuous Improvement opportunities in the further development of the business aligned Operational Risk Review and Challenge Process.
- Develop accurate understanding of the Business Lines risk profile and trend based on review of relevant information and understanding of the business, process, risk and the control environment and provide oversight and meaningful challenges;
- Work with the second line of defense (e.g. ORM programs, Compliance, Fraud, Sales Practice, Information Risk Management, Business Continuity, and Third Party) in coordinating and executing on the above requirements
- Prepare quarterly/periodic reporting of the Business Line ORM program execution that provide a clear and concise view of the Business Lines ORM program execution status and any issues/key items that may require management’s attention
- Analyze data to identify and escalate any operational risks and produce ad-hoc reports and information to a range of stakeholders.
- Support the team lead/Program on Audit and or Regulatory exam preparation and review to address inquiries and submit the requested documentation/information adequately and timely.
- Contribute to any other projects or risk related activities as requested.
- 10+ experience in operational risk management, internal audit, management consulting or related field, including 2 years work related to risk management.
- Strong knowledge of operational risk management, regulatory requirements and industry practices
- Proven capability to initiate, execute, drive change and create results
- Strong expertise with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field. MBA preferred. A risk based designation such as the CRMA (Certification in Risk Management Assurance), CRBA (Certified Risk Based Auditor), or other certified risk professional designation is a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.