Risk Management Analyst, Assistant Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10035929-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA
- Date Posted 09/16/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
Risk Management Analysts are part of the first line of defense responsible for supporting and overseeing all disciplines of risk management in one or more operations within Operations and Process Excellence (OPE). The Risk Management Analyst will report to a division risk manager in the OPE Risk Management team. The Risk Management Analyst will assist matters of operational risk but may also assess on other types of risk that OPE has inherently. The Risk Management Analyst will assist the division risk manager in all work necessary to assess the bank’s adherence to operational risk management policy.
The Risk Management Analyst also partners with Business Compliance Officers (BCO) to assist in addressing corporate compliance requirements.
- Assist the division risk manager o build and maintain risk and control assessments for all significant processes and follow-up on control deficiency remediation.
- Accurately and timely report significant and emerging risks from the business unit view.
- Document work as required in MUFG’s operational risk system of record Open Pages.
- Facilitate support on internal audits and regulator exams, and other control reviews and assist in resolving identified issues and monitor their resolution.
- Participate in ad-hoc working groups to address and resolve new areas of risk within their area of responsibility.
- Monitor risk management activities to ensure that they are properly performed and completed for the units within their area of responsibility.
- Assist in ensuring all those responsible for risk activities within the business unit are properly trained.
- Support internal control certifications.
- Identify and perform root cause analysis on risk trends and/or symptoms of process control breakdowns.
- Keep the Division Manager and BURM (Business Unit Risk Manager) apprised of changes in inherent risk or control breakdowns/deficiencies that could impact residual risk.
- Assist business partners in reviewing risks evolving from various initiatives to ensure that operational risks are recognized, mitigated, reported and/or accepted.
- Review Bank-wide procedures and policies for the Division as well as Division desktop procedures.
- BA or BS degree.
- 5+ years combined experience in operations management within a financial institution or related field.
- Experience in risk management, audit, and/ or compliance role.
- Strong knowledge of risks in the operations business lines.
- Subject matter expertise in bank back office operations is a preference.
- Excellent analytical skills especially in risk assessment analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and an ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to identify signs of changing risk levels.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.