Senior Auditor - Assistant Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10042885-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA
- Other Locations CALIFORNIA-Brea
- Date Posted 04/13/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Note: Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
Internal Audit for the Americas acts as the third line of defense, independently assessing first and second line management's efficiency in identifying, measuring, monitoring, and controlling the risks of the Bank. We have an opportunity for a Senior Auditor with banking/financial services experience who will be responsible for providing audit coverage of Retail Banking/Operations, specifically within the Strategy, Transformation, and Projects areas.
• Execute assigned audits, including planning, fieldwork, reporting, tracking, and follow up.
• Report results in an effective and timely way, leading to appropriate remedial action and ongoing management of risk.
• Maintain compliance with audit methodology while operating within applicable regulations and internal and external professional practice expectations.
• Maintain relationships to a mutually accountable, productive, respectful, and trusted level.
• Act as a leader and role model for the team and the department.
The right candidate will have:
• 5+ years of related experience in public accounting (Big 4 external/internal audit) or 5+ years in financial services industry, including Internal Audit experience with large complex financial institutions
• Project auditing experience is desirable, especially in strategic transformations, and including technology aspects
• Working knowledge of project management and technology delivery methodologies is desirable
• Critical thinking, analytical, and project management skills
• Effective communication with senior leadership, regulators, and staff at all levels
• Ability to perform risk assessments and analyze risk trends at a macro level, identifying signs of changing risk levels and/or symptoms of process control breakdowns
• Ability to identify and understand controls in changing environments
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write clear, concise, non-technical, and persuasive risk evaluation reports
• Professional auditing certifications, such as the CIA, CPA, or CISA, are highly desirable
• Travel may be required
• Bachelor's degree
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.