Charlotte, North Carolina
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
- Requisition # 10037202-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA
- Date posted 02/22/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Technology Software Engineer needed to assist in development efforts for large team working on project and maintenance activities. The candidate should have experience configuring, extending, and supporting the Finance systems.
The candidate should also have development experience with industry leading programming languages like C++ or Java and Object Oriented Programming Concepts, Database Programming using SQL and PL/SQL, including developing stored procedures, database triggers and database packages. A willingness to work in a fluid environment with high adaptability to change is a must for this position. The candidate should also be able to work cooperatively with cross-functional teams with direction from senior management. Solid verbal and written communication skills are required for this position
- Support systems that integrate with existing enterprise applications, legacy systems and determine the Infrastructure approach to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements.
- Prepare and present technical concepts to internal audiences.
- Work with operations staff to define an operational framework which defines, develops and implements delivery systems, systems management, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate groups.
- Perform systems design and analysis; develop code to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems, users and applications components
- 2+ years of experience with application development and support
- Knowledge of analysis and design patterns
- Knowledgeable on SDLC/SCM
- Full life-cycle development in a commercial environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an IT-related field with related experience programming/systems analysis experience with emphasis in applications and systems
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis to maintain transparency on work efforts and to ensure design and implementation is understood by all team participants
- Must possess organizational, problem-solving skills and time management skills and be able to meet deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communicator, able to adapt delivery style and language to suit the audience. Able to present complex issues and solutions to mixed audiences, where necessary resolving conflict and complexity by delivering practical solutions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Knowledge of analysis and design patterns
Knowledgeable on SDLC/SCM
Full life-cycle development in a commercial environment
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an IT-related field with related experience programming/systems analysis experience with emphasis in applications and systems
Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis to maintain transparency on work efforts and to ensure design and implementation is understood by all team participants
Must possess organizational, problem-solving skills and time management skills and be able to meet deadlines.
Effective verbal and written communicator, able to adapt delivery style and language to suit the audience. Able to present complex issues and solutions to mixed audiences, where necessary resolving conflict and complexity by delivering practical solutions