Sr. Software Engineer (C#, ASP.Net)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Sr. Software Engineer (C#, ASP.Net)
- Requisition # 10037199-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA
- Date posted 10/26/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Senior Software Engineer (C#, ASP.Net), Assistant Vice President
Software Engineer in the Operations and Technology Group supporting the Market and Counterparty Credit Risk lines of business. Designs, develops and maintains the Market Risk technology infrastructure as technical lead for system development initiatives. Must have development group experience in a leadership capacity assigning and managing work effort. Engages in the overall health of the Market Risk systems, including system performance monitoring, maintenance, security, secure code practices, audit support and remediation, and DR collaboration. Technology liaison with business stakeholders collaborating with cross-functional teams. Thrives in a dynamic work environment with demonstrated ability to adapt to change.
- Support systems that integrate with existing enterprise applications; determine the Infrastructure approach to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements
- Perform system design and analysis; develop code to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems, business users and application components
- Work with business and technology stakeholders to design operational frameworks that provide required information, functionality, and complies with internal development guidelines
- Prepare and present technical concepts to internal audiences including senior level managers and technical experts
- Plan, organize and enforce technical support standards
- Participate in software/system evaluations
- IT lead for system development; adhere to prescribed project management policies, procedures, and secure coding standards
- Analyze user needs and requirements to design cost effective solutions and within expected time frame.
- 5+ years of experience with application development and support
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an IT-related field with 4-5 years related experience programming/systems analysis
- Excellent knowledge of analysis and design patterns
- Knowledgeable on SDLC/SCM
- Solid programming skills in C# and ASP.NET and Java principles
- Development experience with PL/SQL databases, including stored procedures, database triggers and database packages
- Must possess organizational, problem-solving skills and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communicator; able to present complex issues and solutions with appropriate levels of detail to diverse (technical and non-technical) audiences
- Broad functional understanding of Fixed Income, Derivatives (IRS, CDS) and Foreign Exchange financial instruments
- Prefer basic understanding of Market Risk and Counterparty Credit Risk principles
- Prefer prior experience working with front, middle or back office teams in a financial institution
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.