Transformation Delivery Excellence Project Analyst
Charlotte, North Carolina
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Transformation Delivery Excellence Project Analyst
- Requisition # 10038271-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA
- Date posted 10/22/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Transformation Delivery Excellence Analyst
The Transformation Delivery Excellence Project Analyst sits within the Transformation Program Office (TPO), and reports to the Delivery Excellence Manager. This position will support Delivery Excellence manager who will create quality assurance framework, establish quality guidance and support program execution activities for Pillars and Agile Programs that includes partnering with Pillar and Agile PMs and Project teams to develop a successful execution path in order to meet the Program objectives. Provide administrative support review and challenge of Pillars and Agile project progress and status, and ensure appropriate escalation of issues & risks to senior management in order to drive efforts and address roadblocks. Support overall project management activities across Pillars and Agile Programs including change management, budget management, and resource management
- Well versed in the application of a formalized/rigorous project management methodology (Waterfall/Agile)
- Ability to follow Enterprise Program Management standards, documentation and reporting requirements
- Coordinates across Pillars/Agile/Project teams to review status reports, funding requests, and monitor resource plans.
- Meticulous project Status Reporting, Issue/Resolution Tracking, Risk Management
- Monitor projects for risks and issues and use experience to predict future risks and suggest mitigation strategies
- Analytical capability to identify issues and risks
- Effective Test and Conversion Management
- Ability to execute and troubleshoot problems
- Financial Services business and technology understanding
- Expertise in MS Office Suite and Jira
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in Business Administration, Economics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years banking or equivalent consulting experience as project manager with strong strategic management and planning expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Solid understanding and planning skills in all aspects of the system's/business project life-cycle, i.e., enhancements, user requirements, application configuration and usage using MS Project as the project planning tool.
- Aptitude to prioritize and analyze a list of measurable product or service characteristics along with associated target values.
- Proven relationship and influence management skills.
- Banking or Financial Services deep domain expertise and/or general technical skills highly desirable.
- Collaborates and Builds Partnerships: works effectively and agilely in a team environment; addresses conflict appropriately; builds productive relationships with partners, business partners, and teammates in order to achieve targeted business results.
- Communicates Skillfully, Effectively and Professionally: engages audiences at multiple levels, and communicates clearly and transparently, both verbally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Learning agility and adaptability.
- Demonstrates innovative thinking that generates new ideas.
- Ability to provide creative solutions to solve complex problems.
- Skillfully balances risk and reward, and influences partners in order to strike the appropriate risk mitigation and acceptance.
- Leads change by role-modeling new behaviors and thinking, and motivating others to adopt new ideas and commit to actions necessary for bank success.
- Consistently identifies areas for iterative, continuous improvement that enhance quality, effectiveness, efficiency.
- Demonstrates inclusiveness through an appreciation of diverse thinking and varied perspectives.
- Has a disciplined approach to business and people management processes.
- Understanding of and experience with Project Management Methodology.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses