Transformation Test Lead, VP
Charlotte, North Carolina
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Transformation Test Lead, VP
- Requisition # 10043867-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA
- Date posted 06/04/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
• Manage data analysis and data integration of disparate systems
• Build extensible data acquisition and integration solutions to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the business
• Implement processes and logic to extract, transform, and distribute data across one or more data stores from a wide variety of sources
• Optimize data integration platform to provide optimal performance under increasing data volumes
• Develop and document the data audit, archiving, and restoration processes
• Develop quality standards to ensure data quality and integrity across various database systems
• Provide problem-solving expertise and complex analysis of data to develop business intelligence integration designs
• Develop data integration standards according to the organization’s information services policies as well as best practices
• Conduct review of other integration developers’ development efforts to ensure consistent methodologies are followed and to make recommendations where necessary
• Work with business users to translate functional specifications into technical designs for implementation and deployment
• Convert physical data integration models and other design specifications to source codes
• Ensure high quality and optimum performance of data integration systems in order to meet business solutions
• 6-8 years experience working with structured query language (SQL) database development, SQL queries, data structures, stored procedure, SQL Server Integration Systems (SSIS), extract transform load (ETL), application programming interface (API) architecture, and microservices
• 6-8 years experience in software development lifecycle activities
• Experience in financial services/banking
• Experience in end-to-end design and build of near-real time and batch data pipelines
• Familiarity with delivering data solutions and architecture using Amazon Web Services (AWS) services like Kinesis, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Service (S3), Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Spark, Athena, Redshift, Lambda, Relational Database Service (RDS), DynamoDB, Glue Catalog, and Athena preferred
• Familiarity with data architecture, data integration, data governance, and data lineage concepts
• Experience working in Agile environments
• Experience with:
- Data Integration: SQL; NoSQL(Hadoop, Casandra); Alteryx, Trifacta
- Business Intelligence/Reporting Tools: Tableau, Power BI, Excel, JMP, SAS, Statistical Product and Service Solutions (SPSS), Cognos
- Databases: Access, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.