Global Monitoring Design and Implementation AnalystApply Now
- Requisition # 10036281-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Dallas, Texas
- Other Locations Tempe
- Date Posted 06/30/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
Reporting into the manager of the Global GFCD Conformance Monitoring Design and Implementation team, this position has been created for the purpose of establishing a globally consistent approach to Financial Crimes Monitoring (not Transaction Monitoring) for MUFG.
The Conformance Monitoring Design and Implementation team is responsible for the design, implementation and support of consistent Financial Crime Compliance Program Monitoring methods and practices as part of the ongoing implementation of oversight across global of businesses, functions and geographies.
In connection with the Global Financial Crimes Program –
• Develop and support consistent Compliance Monitoring design, execution and implementation guidance to drive consistency across businesses, functions and geographies.
• Liaise and collaborate with GFCD functions (AML, Sanctions. AB&C) to ensure alignment to global policies and requirements as well as appropriate coverage for key financial crime risks identified by the global leadership team.
• Support the development of program methodology for process and control design effectiveness assessments to establish Monitoring design parameters
• Design key measurements, dashboards and reporting requirements for GFCD Monitoring assessments for management and oversight of financial crime risk.
• Design the key measurement and evaluate implementation of key control elements to strengthen and enhance the control framework.
• Work closely with the GFCD Management Information and Reporting team to understand, support and utilize their FCC Reporting Framework.
• Work collaboratively across functional teams within GFCD to ensure effective and efficient operations with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
• Work with the Central Project Management Office to provide routine updates to GFCD leadership, senior management, and appropriate governance forums.
• A Bachelor’s degree.
• 3 years of internal or financial industry and compliance experience, preferably within a global organization in a role directly involved with monitoring the effectiveness of the bank’s Financial Crimes program (not Transaction Monitoring), driving change and program design. Experience working with Quality Assurance as well as quantitative and qualitative data providing management with information on the quality of controls.
• Proficiency in Excel and data management and governance applications.
• Experience in the design and use of Dashboards, financial crime key performance indicators (“KPIs”) and key risk indicators (KRIs”)
• Oversight of risk mitigation measures, including surveillance of actions taken in response to adverse trends in KPIs and KRIs
• Experience working with AML and Sanctions applications, processes and other tools used to manage financial crimes risk
• Experience interacting with financial crime program managers and compliance subject matter experts
• Demonstrated execution in complex and demanding situations
• Collaborative with strong interpersonal communication skill. Process oriented with strong attention to detail and well-organized.
• Presentation skills
• An understanding of Enterprise Risk Management frameworks
• An understanding of an effective financial crimes risk management framework
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Proven skills necessary to successfully design and support core measurement elements of a financial crime oversight program and effectively coordinate between multiple business and support units
• The ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, including Bank staff, management, and consultants
• Ability to work autonomously and initiate and prioritize own work
• Ability to work with teams of project managers
• Experience working with banking systems used to manage financial crime risk.
• Ability to balance regulatory requirements with the best interests of the Bank and its customers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Compliance
- Primary Location Dallas, Texas
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time