Lead Software Engineer
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Lead Software Engineer
- Requisition # 10038278-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Dallas, TEXAS
- Date posted 09/15/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Seeking full stack engineer developers that know how to turn intentions into URLs. Characteristics and best practices for team members in this role include:
- Understanding that a solution can’t be all things to all audiences; able to identify solutions that appeal to the largest audience.
- Concealing the complexity of the implementation details and making the solution adaptable to change the backend for future needs.
- Remove the need to re-implement filtering, sorting and paging in the UI.
- Don’t let the complexity bleed through to the consumers of your solution.
- Through well thought-out documentation give the consuming developer all the tools they will require to consume the solution quickly. Provide multiple examples and describe the fields in terms the consuming developer can understand quickly.
- Provide a quick start guide which doesn’t take long for the consuming developer to start seeing results. Start with simple concepts then work your way up to the full featured example. Read your documentation and follow it like a consuming developer would. Find your flaws before your audience does.
- Provide fully functional working code as examples in multiple languages to facilitate the learning curve. Provide cURL examples developers can use to get to know and adapt to your solution. Show off the solution functionality with a cURL example for every use case your solution supports.
- Be consistent across solution implementation. Don’t make consuming developers struggle as they move from one solution to another. Use a simple approach that is repeatable and predictable. Use the same language throughout the implementation and the documentation. Don’t switch terms and make the consumer wonder if you are talking about something different when you are not.
- Pay close attention to performance. When you see the potential for poor performance, point it out and ask for architectural review before developing poor performing code. Remember you are developing your solution only once, but it will be executed millions of times. There are exceptions to every rule but in general all solutions should execute in less than a second.
- Take the time to write readable error messages. Take context into consideration when formatting errors. Anticipate Splunk queries such that errors can be quickly correlated across boundaries to reduce the time it takes to identify root cause. Your solution should be quick to point out the needle in the haystack.
- Self-motivated team member with an ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Attend daily stand-up to review progress and impediments, agile ceremonies
- Work closely with the Modeler and Integration Analyst to develop and maintain Cloud REST APIs and Microservices, which includes the full lifecycle of a solution:
- Technical user story
- Interface design
- Swagger (Open API) definition
- Full stack engineer implementation design
- Full stack engineer build (debug, containerize, spin up locally
- Develop Full stack engineer unit test plans and cases
- Execute the Unit Test (includes Security scans, Performance, Capacity, etc.)
- Validate that all test cases ‘pass’
- Perform peer review of code change and document
- Automate the unit test for BitBucket check in
- Check the solution into BitBucket, automated unit test executes successfully
- Configure the container parameters
- Expose to the Gateway
- Request test deployment of your solution with CI/CD coordination
- Validate the solution deployment
- Validate logging
- Validate service visibility through the monitoring tools
- Document the service in the service catalog
- Retrofit back to main trunk
- Document Lessons Learned with identification of opportunities for automation, share with the team during retrospectives
- Monitor success criteria: operationalized solution designed, developed, unit tested, deployed, documented, monitored
- Deliver solution considering automation potential in all processes which includes frequent interaction with DevSecOps
- Become a SME to provide technical expertise for analysis, design, coding, testing debugging new and existing services
- Gain an appreciation for what the Modelers and Integration Analysts are doing to capture and store the backend system of record (provider) data by working closely with them in the process of delivering REST solutions
- Analyze system interaction issues; provide strong debugging and problem-solving skills with excellent understanding of system development methodologies, techniques and tools
- Perform peer reviews
- Develop high performance (low latency) solutions
- Exercise leadership while supporting and mentoring other team members
- Know test automation and Typed Java script and champion and adopt open source
- Provide testing support (sometimes on weekends)
- Professionally document and maintain solution Wiki Developer Portal user and reference materials
- Complete all required training timely
- 3 to 5 years JBoss development experience
- 3 to 5 years in financial services industry
- MBA or equivalent experience (SOA interface modeling is a plus)
- Cloud development of APIs and Microservices, Experience modeling RESTful solution using Swagger is a plus
- Develop and maintain RESTful and SOAP business functions on JBoss or the Cloud
- Technical expertise for analysis, design, coding, testing debugging new and existing services
- Ability to analyze system interaction issues
- Performance of peer reviews
- Development of unit test cases and plans
- Proven ability to mentor contractors and new developers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including comprehension and verbal skills, written communication, conflict resolution, teamwork and cooperation, and relationship building
- Full stack engineer management tools experience is a plus
- Knowledge of development, environment and support tools, such as RedHat/OpenShift, Fuse 7, Virtusa finOS, IBM Full stack engineer Connect experience is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.