User Experience Capabilities, Managing Director
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
User Experience Capabilities, Managing Director
- Requisition # 10037901-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Dallas, TEXAS
- Date posted 09/01/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
User Experience Capabilities Managing Director
- Manage mobile banking , online banking, branch and back-office platforms for the regional bank
- Lead move from legacy, end of technologies to modern technologies for the digital platform
- Empower Customer Journey Capability partners to achieve their Customer Journey key results by establishing and continually evolving the User Experience Portfolio of Capabilities as a network of enabling technologies
- Manage the leaders responsible for the various User Experience Digital Capability Teams (Design Systems, User/Biz Insights & Strategy, User Experience Touchpoints, User Experience Utilities, Branch / Back office tools)
- Define and manage User Experience portfolio roadmap to ensure cohesion and consistent application of best practices across the various individual portfolios
- Champion and drive the technology vision and strategy for omni-channel experiences and capabilities, integrating digital and physical touchpoints
- Alignment of existing teams to a Capability model of delivery; drive adoption of an engineering mindset
- Work with capability, business and OTA teams on funding needs, desired outcomes based on Key OKRs
- Operationalize execution model to scale to enterprise level based on priorities from business and technology perspective
- Implement and drive execution routine, product planning, risk management and formalize the common backlog planning across all capabilities
- Work with capability vendor to ensure there is rigor and follow through on all commitment from execution and quality perspective
- Work with testing and other teams to develop end to end delivery
- Sr. Leader familiar with Customer User Experience processes and technologies
- 15+ years in IT, Digital functional areas; along with 5+ years of most recent Digital-focused roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field is required; Master’s degree preferred
- Experienced omni-channel technology leader with proven and long digital technology experience
- Able/ willing to get hands on (must be deeply aware of modern digital technologies) to ensure right architectural decisions are made.
- Experience driving the strategy and delivery of core authorization and authentication products that span front and backend and customer data and relationship management tools
- Knowledge of account management and fraud detection functions tools and best practices
- Experience scaling a success team during hyper growth phase
- Proactive self-starter, strong team collaborator and outcome-oriented
- Organizationally savvy, with demonstrated ability to influence leaders and facilitate alignment and clear decision-making
- Agile and Product mind set, knowledge of industry standard agile practices such as SAFE is a must
- Knowledge of the Financial Services Industry regulatory landscape required
- High level understanding of core engineering principles including knowledge of DevOps, Cloud, API based delivery required
- Excellent communicator across all channels and organizational levels
- Experience supporting technologies focused on delivering strategy & insights to both internal & external customers; focused on quantitative & qualitative research
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.