Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)Apply Now
- Requisition # 10032075-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Glendale, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 12/28/2019
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET):
MUFG is undergoing a significant transformation to make us not only more agile, but powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' needs first.
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with a passion for test automation. You will build and utilize cutting-edge testing tools in an agile environment to plan, conduct, and lead our testing initiatives.
You will work alongside and learn from experienced engineers in the office of technology. You will help us build the next generation of hybrid consumer facing apps. Sharing your expertise with our growing team, you will mentor team members to elevate their skills, while championing the cultural shifts required at an organizational level.
The team values well-architected, high-quality, and stable applications that provide re-usable functionality allowing for velocity at scale. You will be a pioneer in test automation with the opportunity to get in at the ground level, filling substantial gaps to define how we think about testing/quality across our entire portfolio.
You must love to code, understand good clean design principles, and work well in an agile environment. Where others might be defeated by systematic challenges, you are energized by them, refusing to stop until a creative solution is found.
Intrigued? We would like to meet you if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience as a Test Automation Engineer, or related role.
- Have experience with at least two popular programming languages like: Kotlin, Swift, Elixr, Go, Java, Scala, Rust, Python, Haskell, OCaml and have a proclivity to learning new languages.
- Don’t just write code, but can explain why your methodologies should replace what currently is in place
- Have designed and developed automated test frameworks.
- Can dive into HTTP and API design, and have solid experience building and testing mobile, (web is a +) and other applications.
- Have experience in creating testing patterns and standards for development teams.
- Have a deep understanding of TDD, Unit, Integration, UI testing methodologies
- Understand how to integrate automated testing into build pipelines
- Have knowledge of testing interfaces and distributed systems
- Have the ability to create, execute, and properly communicate automated test plans
- Demonstrate a proven ability to build, maintain and configure testing environments
- Design, build, and own automated testing frameworks and associated best practices.
- Identify the most effective ways to use TDD, testing automation to accelerate high quality outcomes including integration into build pipelines.
- Bridge the many gaps that currently exist, specifically around processes and policies that prevent us from implementing modern test automation patterns.
- Prioritize key tests and scenarios in collaboration with engineering and other agile teams.
- Define and implement metrics to communicate the quality of the products you are responsible for.
- Support other types of quality targets, such as performance, load, and stress testing.
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve issues.
- Collaborate with and teach other Engineers.
- Write high quality code using your experience working with engineering and product counterparts to ensure speedy identification of issues.
- Contribute to and follow our CI/CD process, alongside the rest of the Engineering team and the Consumer Bank as a whole.
- Balance a sense of quality with the need for pragmatic, incremental improvement for both greenfield projects as well as tech debt to improve production/runtime performance.
How you will grow:
Through your variety of experiences at MUFG, you will have the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential. No matter what career path you eventually choose, you will be continually challenged by your team members and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities.
Why you’ll like working here as much as we do
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) employee matching program
- Cash balance pension plan
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Flexible-spending accounts
- Job Technology
- Primary Location Glendale, California
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time