Sr. Software Engineer, Front End Full StackApply Now
- Requisition # 10027874-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Glendale, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 12/17/2019
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
We are looking for a hands-on developer who will leverage their energetic and forward-thinking mindset as part of a growing squad of like-minded engineers leveraging agile methods to jump start a wide-ranging digital transformation. If you are looking for an outsized impact driving both a technical and cultural (mindset, processes, policies) shift at a large organization in the throes of a deep and comprehensive digital transformation, we want to talk to you.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside, learn from and collaborate with best in class engineers in the high-octane office of technology. You will collaborate in an enterprise service architecture and help us build out the next generation hybrid consumer facing apps. Sharing your passion and expertise with our growing team, helping/mentoring/leading the team members to elevate their skills while championing the necessary cultural shifts required at an organizational level and integrating the latest technologies for continued advancement will be of particular import.
You must love to code, understand/hunger for/drive good clean design principles, and work well in a sometimes-messy organizational environment created by the seismic change MUFG is undergoing. Where others might be defeated by systematic challenges, you are energized by them, refusing to stop until a solution is found.
This is a role with significant room for growth.
If you want to have an impact on a scale of this magnitude, look no farther.
As a Software Engineer at MUFG, you will help get banking out of our customers’ way, putting our customers’ money to work where they want it, when they want it, without worrying about it. You’ll help us roll out these capabilities the “FinTech” way, using system reliability engineering (SRE) practices and open source software (OSS) for better developer velocity and platform resilience. You’ll work with our business partners to architect, design and implement solutions, and your expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using emerging technology platforms will help lead MUFG towards true technology transformation.
- Understand RESTful services and API design along with how to design micro-service based back ends in a cloud native manner
- Don’t just write code, but are also able to communicate why your methodologies, standards and best practices should replace what currently is in place
- Have had exposure to build tools like Grunt, Webpack, Gulp, Broccoli or Parcel
- Unit test your code with tools like Jest, Enzyme, Mocha, Jasmine or QUnit
- Yearn to participate in establishing and maintaining front-end application best practices/standards
- Git and similar tools are second nature to you
- Are able to collaborate effectively with Designers, Developers, and Product Owners
- Have a portfolio of work – demonstrating your chops (sites, links, GitHub, etc.)
- Have a positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Can really listen to others and have the courage to speak up
- You are passionate about innovating and simplifying
Here’s how you’ll spend your time:
- You’ll proactively help identify areas of improvements in the code base and participate in making it better
- You'll write high quality code as needed leveraging your experience working with designers to match their expectations
- You’ll bridge the many gaps that currently exist in the org specifically around processes and policies today that prevent us from implementing modern coding patterns
- You’ll balance a keen sense of quality with the need for pragmatic, incremental improvement for both greenfield projects as well as tech debt
- You’ll stay current on the latest technologies
- You’ll exercises rigor in testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- You’ll balances being product focused and engineering quality minded both understanding and being thoughtful re tradeoffs
- You’ll learn how leverage front-end optimization techniques (both in file weight and perceived/actual page rendering speed) to improve production/runtime performance that results from inadequate system architecture and/or technical debt
- Evaluate/audit/enforce/ensure all front-end development work (whether conducted internally or by external suppliers) adheres to adhere to industry standard and internally defined best practices
- You’ll work with the Product Owner, Scrum Master, other Engineers and Testers to iterate on new features
- You’ll contribute to and follow our CI/CD process, alongside the rest of the Engineering team and the Consumer Bank as a whole
- You’ll provide front end technical guidance across functions (i.e. the feasibility of a new feature to our UX team, or an estimate of how long a feature would take to implement to a PM)
Through your variety of experiences at MUFG, you will have the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential. No matter what career path you eventually choose, you will be continually challenged by your team members and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring and training opportunities.
- Job Technology
- Primary Location Glendale, California
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time