Petroleum Engineering Technician, Associate/AVPApply Now
- Requisition # 10046960-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Houston, TEXAS
- Date Posted 09/17/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed, and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
This is a hybrid position. You will work at an MUFG facility an average of one to three days per week, with the remainder being worked remotely. There are flexible work-from-home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
MUFG is seeking an Engineering Technician for the Valuation Services – Petroleum Engineering Department. The successful candidate will work closely with the engineering team to support the energy lending team on the execution of the banks energy portfolio.
This role is responsible for helping the engineering team evaluate, analyze, and document clients and prospective client data. The position will work closely with the energy team management, lenders, portfolio managers, petroleum engineers, and energy clients. Primary performance responsibilities include analyzing technical information and help reviewing and adjusting client reserve databases.
- Help the engineering team analyze third party reserve databases, prepare cash flow models, and create engineering memos summarizing findings to help the energy lenders analyze collateral value, cash flow metrics and credit risks.
- Support in the technical evaluation of oil & gas assets, including economic analysis (price differential reviews, pricing adjustments, OpEx analysis) as well as production data updates and analysis.
- Help manage, update, and maintain client databases containing production and reservoir data and assist engineering team with the analysis of the data.
- Manage and maintain, procedures and tools for accurately and efficiently tracking data such as LOE, shrinkage, pricing, and other critical information necessary for reserve reporting.
- Assist the engineering team in reviewing and documenting client’s assets and operations.
- Provide data and support to portfolio managers or other departments where engineering or technical data is required.
- Assist the engineering team with addressing engineering questions from internal partners, external regulators and participant banks as needed.
- Partner with the engineering team and attend internal and external client meetings as needed.
- Assist with miscellaneous technical project related duties as required.
- Perform periodic reviews/testing of portfolio metrics.
- Must have a minimum of 5-10 years working within an upstream energy finance or E&P group as an engineering technician or analyst with an emphasis on supporting asset evaluations.
- Must be familiar and proficient with Microsoft Access, Excel, PHDWin, ARIES, Enverus, and aggregating and analyzing data from several resources.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to positively effect a collaborative team environment.
- Strong understanding of upstream oil and gas assets, and the energy industry as a whole.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to set priorities.
- Comfortable with database manipulation, financial and data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, science, or computer sciences / information technology is highly preferred.
Join us as we evolve our organization to become
more agile, innovative, and inclusive!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.