Senior Treasury AnalystApply Now
- Requisition # 10034858-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Irvine, CALIFORNIA
- Other Locations Los Angeles
- Date Posted 04/07/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients’ best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
In-house senior sales analyst tasked with supporting complex TM sales execution efforts within an assigned geographical or industry related area. Work in partnership with assigned Treasury Consultant(s) to provide consultative solutions to clients. Assist in generating new revenue through the sale of Transaction Banking products and services to bank prospects and existing clients. Develop proficiency and knowledge of treasury and operational practices. Demonstrate the ability to work independently managing to deadlines. With guidance from team lead or senior treasury associate, achieve key performance metrics tied to both revenue and activity volume.
- SALES EXECUTION: Responsible for helping overall Treasury Sales team exceed assigned revenue and sales activity goals. Develop and leverage industry knowledge, as well as treasury systems and operations knowledge, to provide high-level consultative value. Partner with assigned Treasury Consultant(s) on creating appropriate product solutions for clients based on their needs, best practices and regulatory demands. Proactively recommend cross sell opportunities. Reduce non-sales related activities for Treasury Consultants. Resolve any issues/questions when the Treasury Consultant is out of office. Participate in all areas related to new client proposals and onboarding. Quantitative analysis activities specific to this area include creating draft pricing models and creating ROI and/or cost-benefit calculators. Independently research and build written content for complex proposals using Proposal Library, Resource Center and other tools. In collaboration with team lead, Treasury Consultant(s) and internal business partners, design client/prospect communications, proposals, account structures and pricing. Associate will be responsible for communicating with clients and internal partners on regular basis via phone/web. Communicate effectively and professionally. Assist with pre-call research, account structures and annual reviews. Respond to one-off internal partner or client queries on product capabilities. Be a proactive and collaborative partner.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Champion the implementation of treasury solutions; follow up with clients to ensure that we deliver on what is promised. Associate will be responsible for creating and submitting internal worksheets specific to new complex product implementation. Originate and oversee implementation of complex treasury sales through completion. Facilitate and manage maintenance requests as needed. Monitor progress and make decisions as to next appropriate steps. Communicate results to clients and internal partners.
- SPECIAL PROJECTS: Sr. Treasury Analyst may lead special projects and initiatives as directed by management. Special projects may include channel migration, data mining, bank conversion or other significant assignments. May provide direction or support to less experienced Treasury Analysts as needed. The Sr. Treasury Analyst may also be assigned more complex research for non-standard client requests. Take initiative to provide feedback on ways to improve the Treasury Associate process as it relates to Transaction Banking.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Actively work with the Team Lead, Senior Associate, and Treasury Associates to enhance product and process knowledge. Be able to grow and eventually move into a Treasury Associate position. Create an Individual Development Plan with the help of Team Lead with appropriate milestones to help gain the skills needed to transition into a Treasury Associate.
- RISK/COMPLIANCE: The employee will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to, implement, and follow policies and procedures that support the Bank's Risk Vision, including the Bank's anti-money laundering (AML), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), and other relevant operational, compliance and other risk management-related requirements as appropriate. The employee is expected to further a culture of risk and compliance discipline, which includes, but is not limited to, maintaining compliance with Bank and business process-related policies and procedures, exhibiting a basic understanding of the risks associated with the employee's position, escalating issues of risk concern to management, and maintaining appropriate data integrity and confidentiality with regard to all customer files, customer information and business transactions.
- A minimum of two years of applicable work experience in treasury management and/or sales required.
- Typically requires a degree from a four-year college (e.g., B.A, B.S.) or equivalent work experience, plus strong technical experience and skills.
- CTP and AAP certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of corporate treasury and financial operations needs is a plus.
- A general understanding of widely used ERP and accounting systems is a plus.
- Proven professional verbal, written, and presentation skills required.
- The ability to work in a team environment; fostering a healthy and collaborative environment with all business partners is needed.
- Effective time management and prioritizing skills are also needed.
- Must be able to deliver extraordinary client experiences.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and see them through to completion is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Sales & Trading
- Primary Location Irvine, California
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time