Treasury Relationship Manager, Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10034262-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Irvine, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 03/10/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients’ best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Manages the prospecting and sales effort of an assigned General Markets portfolio through referrals and self-sourced opportunities. Directly responsible for the solicitation of highly complex prospects, and the retention of highly profitable clients. Represents the Bank by participating in industry/trade associations and events; develops relationships with major referral sources. Mentors sales team members on industry or specialty best practices and customized treasury requirements.
Business Development - 55% Directly generates new business through outside sales which are referred or self-sourced. Responsible for client acquisition and cross selling bank products and services, including sourcing credit referrals. Analyzes complex treasury services proposals and pricing models; evaluates the result of recommended pricing on overall account profitability. Increase the Bank's market share through outside direct selling and cross-sales. Perform detailed sales tracking using approved sales tracking system. Directly responsible to participate in a structured client account retention program.
Account Management - 25% Directly responsible to manage the most complex client relationships to increase portfolio revenues. Recommends exception pricing to Industry Manager for approval. Drives profitability through direct and cross-sales of bank products and services. Establish professional relationships with key entity principles to increase share of wallet. Monitor and update company profiles maintained in ESB to ensure adequate recordkeeping of bank relationships. Work with CDGTM Product Management to develop new treasury product solutions based on client specific business needs and conventional treasury industry practice. Work with Customer Service Unit personnel to ensure clients receive superior operational support.
Risk Management - 20% Ensure adherence to all bank policies relative to Regulatory Compliance such as the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, Privacy Act and Regulations Q & X (RESPA). Certification that all related forms such as Customer Identification Program (CIP), Know Your Customers (KYC), Suspicious Activity Reports (SARS), Currency and Transaction Reporting (CTR), etc. and verify related tasks are completed within assigned time periods. Actively participate in any required corporate and business line Compliance Training. Follow account opening procedures and understand and follow internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as required for this position. Actively work with clients to understand each client's normal account activity, as appropriate.
- Typically requires a degree from a four-year college (e.g., B.A., B.S.).
- Minimum 10 years of sales and relationship management experience.
- Good working knowledge of advanced outside sales and marketing techniques, Bank lending policies and practices, Bank operations and services, Federal and State banking regulations, and advanced knowledge of the Bank's income and cost structure used to measure profitability.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) accreditation preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of treasury management concepts and principles as related to Bank products and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include selling of Bank services, negotiating and closing sales opportunities, and coordinating with others throughout the Bank; preparing and delivering professional grade presentations.
- Proficient in multiple standard business software applications including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to travel locally and regionally to business conferences and events using the most reasonable method available; extensive automobile travel, including possible some overnight trips, may be required.
- Could require extensive nation-wide airline travel in some market segments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Sales & Trading
- Primary Location Irvine, California
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time