AML Advisory - Regional Bank, Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10038019-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Irving, TEXAS
- Date Posted 09/05/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
VP - AML Advisory
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The VP - AML Advisory is a highly critical and visible role, reporting to the Director – Regional Bank AML Advisory and will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Regional Bank by providing technical regulatory guidance on complex and high-risk AML compliance subjects. Additionally, the individual will provide support and subject matter expertise on enterprise wide projects to ensure AML risks and solutions are defined, tested, and implemented.
The VP - AML Advisory is responsible for working with fellow stakeholders within Global Financial Crimes Division (GFCD) and business partners to facilitate feedback on efforts related to process improvement, program enhancements, and strategic alignment with business and other company-wide programs relating to the Regional Bank.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide AML SME guidance and credible challenge to the business units in the Regional Bank along with oversight of their AML processes;
- Partner with business units to support timely execution of business initiatives while ensuring Financial Crimes Compliance requirements are met;
- Support GFCD strategic plans, policies, and procedures related to Financial Crimes Compliance;
- Develop and expand AML Program Office’s relationships with First Line partners;
- Proactively identify and remediate AML risk and control issues through oversight of activities in the Regional Bank;
- Complete Products & Services Risk Assessments (PSRAs) on Regional Bank products/services;
- Support the completion of Risk & Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs) on Regional Bank products/services;
- Conduct the analysis and reporting of questionable activity referrals to ensure business units are adhering to AML policy requirements;
- Develop and/or conduct targeted AML training to business units as needed;
- Execute action plan items arising from Regulatory exams, and Internal Audit and Financial Crimes Compliance testing engagements relating to Regional Bank to ensure management is informed;
- Complete Third-Party Compliance Risk Management (TPCRM) deliverables as needed;
- Other AML compliance duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, at a minimum, required
- 7-10 years’ experience in compliance and risk management at a national or large/mid-size regional bank
- Strong understanding of Regional Bank products and U.S. banking regulations
- Experience handling sensitive information with a high degree of discretion
- ACAMS certification preferred
- Ability to maintain effective, collaborative working relationships at all levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities, work independently, and deliver results
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and critical thinking skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.