AML/ BSA Onboarding Associate - AVPApply Now
- Requisition # 10046845-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Irving, TEXAS
- Date Posted 09/15/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
The Onboarding and Know Your Customer (KYC) Professional II is responsible for satisfying the Bank’s regulatory obligations as well as ensuring adherence to all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering/Know Your Customer policies and procedures. Day-to-day focus is on resolution of complex problems with validating KYC file. Expertise of policies, guidelines and processes needed. Must meet Service Level Agreements (SLA) with various Business Units and utilize departmental tracking systems.
The Onboarding and KYC Professional II is a member of the First Line of Defense Control Office and works closely with Relationship Managers (RM’s) and Portfolio Managers (PM’s), Tax Operations and Regulatory Reporting teams, Compliance Division Officers, and other operations teams.
Role has ownership of on-boarding and KYC processes, reports, procedures. Is also considered an analytical or procedural expert representing the team on cross-function process or project deliverables. Ensures effective operations within the organization; develops and implements operating policies and procedures across functions such as: client identification and due diligence, customer service and quality control standards; conducts and reviews feasibility of new or revised systems and procedures; manages the internal audit process to ensure compliance with organizational standards.
- Validates new, existing and ad hoc KYC files against legal documentation and third-party sources, remediating errors as necessary, for customers managed by a supported business unit.
- Ensures all required customer information and supporting documentation are captured for new and existing customers who are going through a triggering event or material change by coordinating with Business Unit Relationship Managers. Validates resubmitted documents and updates system accordingly as needed.
- Tracks onboarding requests, re-assesses pipeline, and manages assignments as necessary.
- Supports team lead on leadership responsibilities as needed, acting as backup manager during team lead’s absence. Responsibilities may include:
- Providing backup leadership support and assist in setting up local strategy
- Ensuring the team is properly resourced, operating on a high level of productivity and meeting deadlines for new, existing and adhoc’ed KYC files
- Working with management and key stakeholders in working and providing solutions to key issues
- Maintaining strong working relationship with stakeholders in both the first line and second line of defense
- Assisting the team lead in developing and implementing appropriate training and continuous development
- Maintains working knowledge of all regulatory obligations and be able to relate them to MUFG policies and procedures
- Plays a key role in the development and roll-out of both strategic and tactical process changes, as needed.
- Contributes to the evolution of global and local KYC policies and guarantee team knowledge of any updates.
- As needed, establishes and maintains appropriate escalation procedures
- Determines relevant Key Performance Indicators that enable the effective tracking of productivity, backlog, and any other element necessary for the effective management of the team
- Participates in multi-disciplinary teams to address new business initiatives, system enhancement projects, and one-off assignments as required.
- 3 years plus of financial institution/banking experience
- 3 years plus of management experience related to the finance industry with the ability to excel in a team environment to accomplish a collective goal
- Strong academic background
- Ability to think critically under pressure and deliver sound judgment
- Excellent analytical skills, with the aptitude of independently performing complex or varied tasks, such as coordinating and analyzing large amounts of multifaceted data.
- Mature approach with excellent and influential communication skills (verbal and written) to facilitate frequent interactions with internal customers, management and key stakeholders
- Ability to recognize risks and make decisions based on sensory data or known guidelines
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions (verbal, written or diagrammatic) with strong detail orientation
- Solid knowledge of KYC/AML and data governance policy
- Strong time management, prioritization, work organization and multi-tasking skills with a drive for efficiency, accuracy and risk management controls
- Proficiency in MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.