Financial Crimes Risk Assessment & Data Analytics, Assistant Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10043553-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Location Irving, Texas
- Date Posted 11/01/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
Reporting into the Americas Head of Financial Crimes Risk Assessment & Analysis, with a matrix into the Global Financial Crimes Risk Assessment team, this position is one of several key supporting positions in the Americas Financial Crimes Risk Assessment team. This position will be responsible for working across functions, countries and branches to support the Global Financial Crimes program and oversee all financial crimes risk assessment activities within the Americas. Responsibilities include advising on and supporting the design of the regional components of the risk assessment process, supporting execution of the annual Global Financial Crimes and U.S. Anti-Money Laundering Risk Assessments, raising management awareness of issues identified during execution of the Risk Assessments, driving remediation activities, meeting regulatory obligations, and managing financial crimes risk within the region.
- Support the Americas Head of Financial Crimes Risk Assessment & Analysis to design, implement, and execute the Americas and U.S. AML and Sanctions risk assessments and Targeted Risk Assessments (TRAs).
- Facilitate the identification of risk coverage gaps to drive necessary process enhancements.
- Contribute to training, guidance and direction on the implementation of the methodology.
- Liaise with regional and local compliance officers on risk assessment-related projects, initiatives, and data collection.
- Collaborate with the Data Insights & Analytics (DIA) team to perform analytics and reporting for the Americas and U.S. risk assessments.
- Advise and collaborate with the First Line of Defense and the Chief of Staff Office on the identification, collection, review, and submission of data to support the RA.
- Provide subject matter expertise around the collection, organization, and evaluation of quantitative data relevant to the risk assessment process.
- Develop Risk Assessment narratives, preparing heatmaps and graphics, and tracking/escalating issues.
- Create post-assessment evaluation and remediation, including coordinating with regional and local compliance to determine mitigating action plans.
- Liaise and coordinate with Testing, Audit, Training, and Issues Management, among others.
- Respond to audit or regulatory requests/issues around risk assessment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Bachelor 's degree, or the equivalent. An MBA or Master 's degree in analytics, business, accounting, legal or related fields is preferred
- Three plus years of internal or industry experience in financial crimes, compliance, risk assessment, reporting, or data governance with a financial services company, consultancy or regulatory agency.
- Subject matter expertise of AML, Sanctions, and ABC.
- Experience in developing/enhancing risk assessment-related programs.
- Experience with data analytics and working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience interacting with the Executive Committee Leadership, control function leadership, and compliance subject matter experts.
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Systemic thinker across enterprise.
- Detail-oriented and organized execution.
- General knowledge of risk assessments, testing, transaction monitoring, sanctions screening, KYC, and issues management.
- General knowledge of regulatory guidance and practices in the AML, ABC and sanctions space.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint (Access and other database or reporting tools are a plus).
- ACAMS, ISCO or other financial crimes-related certification preferred.
- Professional level presentation skills.
- Process-oriented with a strong ability to develop appropriate program enhancing strategies.
- Experience interfacing with banking regulators and enforcement staff.
- Understanding of an effective financial crimes risk management framework.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, including Bank staff, management, directors and prudential regulators.
- Ability to work autonomously and initiate and prioritize own work.
- Ability to work with teams of project managers.
- Solid judgment, strong negotiating skills, and a practical approach to implementation including knowledge of Bank systems.
- Ability to balance regulatory requirements with the best interests of the Bank and its customers.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.