Financial Crimes Technology Lead, Assistant Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10044234-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Irving, TEXAS
- Date Posted 06/18/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed, and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
*Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
As part of the Financial Crimes Office Americas Technology division, the Technology Compliance Lead will be responsible to support Sanctions / BSA/AML business partners to implement technical and business solutions and enhancements ensuring consistency with business strategy, commitments, and goals. The Technology Compliance Lead will be responsible for proving the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of assigned initiatives; may require managing multiple work efforts, partners, and external vendors for the Americas, including Canada and Latin America. Previous experience supporting efforts in LATAM and bilingual Spanish or Portuguese skills preferred.
- Responsible for planning, conducting, and delivering small to moderate business initiatives and projects for AML/BSA and OFAC systems. Provides expertise in identifying, and evaluating solutions to meet user requirements. Provides consultation to users in the area of automated systems.
- Exercise ongoing oversight of application/processes to ensure alignment with the standards and strategy.
- Responsible for serving as SME on technology projects, providing and ensuring requirements, design and controls are met for FCC systems. Includes active and leadership involvement all phases.
- Identifies solutions to unusual and complex problems requiring ingenuity, or innovative thinking. Direct and resolve issues and effectively communicate a course of action; responsible for execution or problem solving in complex and demanding situations.
- Coordinate system data validation testing through direct interaction with business and technology partners, may lead the work of other analysts as part of the team. Testing coverage involves end to end data validations, integrity/completeness, business rules, controls structure and sophisticated logic.
- Evaluate processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions.
- Bilingual Spanish or Portuguese and/or direct experience managing efforts in LATAM preferred
- Experience working with sanctions screening systems or compliance systems is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge and direct work experience in leading projects and managing multiple priorities/projects simultaneously.
- Strong project management and presentation skills. Proven leadership skills; sound judgment and analytical skills. Strong follow-up and organizational skills and the ability to manage priorities effectively.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and effectively. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and foster collaboration.
- 3-5 years systems development experience or extensive experience with leading edge development tool or language
- Ability to recognize issues and effectively communicate a course of action
- Proven excellence in execution/problem solving in complex and demanding situations
- Solid judgment and negotiating skills, and a practical approach to implementation
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong experience supporting requirements gathering, analysis and documentation, and strong technical knowledge of databases.
- Process oriented with a strong ability to develop and communicate appropriate strategies or solutions
- Detail-oriented and organized execution
- Should be a self-starter with strong collaborative, analytical, written/verbal communication skills and be well versed in MS Office including Visio.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or equivalent experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.