Global AML Oversight - Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10044913-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Irving, TEXAS
- Date Posted 07/09/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Note: Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
The Global Financial Crimes Division (“GFCD”) seeks a Vice President to oversee and execute on Global AML governance, change management, and coordination. The role will report into the Head of the Global AML Oversight Team. The Vice President will be responsible for overseeing global implementation and change management for all Global AML team-issued documentation, maintaining and updating procedures/guidance documentation, and coordinating updates to the Global AML Policy.
The ideal candidate will possess analytical skills, the ability to collaborate with others, manage projects and processes, as well as multi-task. In this role, the Vice President will work across global, regional, and local functions to support the Global AML Program.
• Manage the change management and implementation planning process for Global AML Compliance issued documentation, including interacting with global, regional, and local stakeholders, tracking progress, and working collaboratively with stakeholders across the Bank.
• Manage pipeline of documentation for the Global AML Compliance team including liaising with GFCD Program Management on the relevant framework as well as with Global AML stakeholders on documentation.
• Maintain and update, as appropriate, global Policies and Procedures.
• Oversee and enhance governance structures, including Working Groups, for Global AML.
• Triage New Product escalations from regional stakeholders.
• Work across functional teams to enable effective and efficient operations with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
• Act as a leader to other staff members on the Global AML Oversight team.
• Execute on other projects, as needed.
Skills & Experience:
• 6+ years of internal or industry experience in financial crimes, risk management, or compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Governance/implementation subject matter expertise.
• Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel.
• Experience interacting with senior leaders.
• Collaborative and flexible, with strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize work flows and ensure deadlines are met while maintaining a detail-oriented and organized execution.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Executive level presentation skills.
• AML expertise.
• Process-oriented with a strong ability to develop appropriate program enhancing strategies.
• Experience interfacing with Internal Audit and Compliance Testing.
• Understanding of an effective financial crimes risk management framework.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, including with Bank staff and management.
• Ability to work autonomously and initiate and prioritize own work.
• Solid judgment, strong negotiating skills, and a practical approach to implementation – including knowledge of Bank systems.
• Ability to balance regulatory requirements with the best interests of the Bank and its customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.