Global Financial Crimes Program Governance & Administration, Assistant Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10053033-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 06/23/2022
- Location Irving, TX | Tempe, AZ
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
This AVP role is in the Global Financial Crimes Division (GFCD) of MUFG Bank, Ltd. The role will be focused on supporting the administration and execution of the GFCD Issues Management (IM) Program, by developing governance and procedural documents, guidance for conformance to Program governance requirements, and training and communication materials. The AVP will report directly to the GFCD IM Head of Program Governance.
• Liaise across all three of the MUFG financial crimes compliance lines of defense, including core second-line programs (Sanctions, Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery & Corruption), business functions, Internal Audit, Compliance Testing, and Regulatory Exam Management in furtherance of Issues Management policy, standard, and procedure implementation and execution
• Develop subject matter expertise regarding Issues Management policy, standard, and procedures
• Facilitate training and educational sessions to help stakeholders understand Issues Management program and strategies
• Develop communication, training, resources, and other reference materials to support process execution
• Drive review, development, and enhancement of Issues Management policy, standard, and procedures, along with other program execution documents
• Collaborate with regional financial crimes offices to align global and regional requirements for Issues Management policy and procedures, including review & challenge processes
• Collaborate and liaise with stakeholders to drive consistency in the implementation of GFCD policies and policies across all three MUFG lines of defense
• Support compliance activities and perform program governance duties, including projects and ad hoc duties as assigned
• Develop partnerships with stakeholders to drive implementation of end-to-end issues management processes and procedures
• Lead or provide support on special projects and ad-hoc activities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• 3 plus years of experience in Financial Services, preferably in Financial Crimes Compliance, Risk Management or related areas
• Experience developing training and educational materials, reference resources, and facilitating training sessions
• Experience drafting, reviewing, implementing, and monitoring policies and procedures
• Experience drafting communication and awareness materials
• Experience managing and tracking projects or organizational objectives
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Team-oriented approach to completing objectives
• Ability to influence key stakeholders across various divisions within MUFG
• Strong ability to drive complex discussions with MUFG management and stakeholders
• BA/BS Degree required
• ACAMS, relevant professional qualification, and/or experience in client-service industry is a plus
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.#LI-Hybrid