Global Issues Management Analysis and Reporting , Global Financial Crimes Division - Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10052876-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 05/17/2022
- Location Irving, TX | Tempe, AZ
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
This VP role is in the Global Financial Crimes Division (GFCD) of MUFG Bank, Ltd. The role will be focused on leading the development of governance and procedural documents, analyzing issue data for actionable insights that lead to program enhancement opportunities, developing guidance that enhances conformance to Program requirements, and identifying program messaging opportunities, disseminating guidance, and implementing program oversight initiatives. The VP will report directly to the Director, GFCD Issues Management with matrix reporting to the Director of GFCD IM Data Sourcing, Quality Check, Analysis, and Reporting. This individual is responsible for contributing to all aspects of strategic governance and administration of GFCD Issues Management, including internal and external stakeholder communications, execution of and reporting against program objectives, processes, and initiatives, and accountability for the quality and timeliness of deliverables. The candidate is expected to have excellent communication skills and be able to contribute to the overall advancement and integration of core program objectives across the global Issues Management Department. The candidate must provide thought and project leadership; possess excellent information generation / presentation skills; and communicate and collaborate effectively with senior management, colleagues, and teammates in all three lines of defense
- Liaise across all three of the MUFG financial crimes compliance lines of defense, including core second-line programs (Sanctions, Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery & Corruption), business functions, Internal Audit, Compliance Testing, and Regulatory Exam Management in furtherance of Issues Management policy, standard, and procedure implementation and execution
- Analyze issue data and provide actionable insights that lead to program enhancement opportunities
- Develop subject matter expertise regarding Issues Management policy, standard, and procedures
- Drive review, development, enhancement, and implementation of Issues Management policy, standard, and procedures, along with other program execution documents
- Develop and administer analysis and reporting governance routines and manage provision of reporting to the Head of GFCD and other senior leaders in connection with financial crimes issues
- Collaborate with regional financial crimes offices to align global and regional requirements for Issues Management policy and procedures, including processes for review & challenge, reporting, analysis, and messaging
- Track and report on status of financial crimes issues on routine and ad hoc basis
- Collaborate and liaise with stakeholders to drive consistency in the implementation of GFCD policies and policies across all three MUFG lines of defense
- Support the Director, GFCD Issues Management and the Director of GFCD IM Data Sourcing, Quality Check, Analysis, and Reporting in program development and execution, working with other members of the team on strategic and operational enhancement
- Drive program and process enhancement initiatives across the Department and across functions
- Lead or support compliance and program governance activities, including special projects and ad hoc duties as assigned
- 7+ years of risk management experience, specific knowledge in the financial crimes compliance area is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience in creating high-quality presentations, reports, and process documentation.
- Experience performing analysis with high level of proficiency in Excel and other data management and data visualization tools.
- Experience drafting, reviewing, implementing, and monitoring policies and procedures
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills, takes initiative proactively
- Experience developing and delivering training, workshops, and strategic program messaging across various platforms
- Experience leading team projects to accomplish a variety of tasks and meet deadlines timely. Team-oriented approach to completing objectives
- Strong project management skills, exceptional organization skills, and an ability to deliver high-quality work products in a timely manner
- Track record in program management and coordination / integration efforts across multiple groups •Strong ability to drive complex discussions with senior management and stakeholders
- BA/BS Degree required•ACAMS, relevant professional qualification, and/or experience in client-service industry is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in technology as required for assigned areas (MS Office, etc.)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.#LI-Hybrid