Global Financial Crimes Issues Management, Program Governance & Administration, Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10037454-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Irving, TEXAS
- Date Posted 08/25/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. Its part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
This VP role is in the Global Financial Crimes Division (GFCD) of MUFG Bank, Ltd. The role will be focused on driving the administration and execution of the GFCD Issues Management Program, by leading the development of governance and procedural documents, guidance for conformance to Program governance requirements, and processes for identifying messaging opportunities and disseminating guidance and governance initiatives. The VP will report directly to the Head of GFCD Issues Management Program Governance and Administration.
This individual is also responsible for contributing to all aspects of strategic governance and administration of GFCD Issues Management, including internal and external stakeholder communications, execution of and reporting against program objectives, processes, and initiatives, and accountability for the quality and timeliness of deliverables.
The candidate is expected to have excellent communication skills and be able to contribute to the overall advancement and integration of core objectives across the global issues management program. The candidate must provide thought leadership; be able to lead enhancements; possess excellent information generation / presentation skills; and communicate and collaborate effectively with senior peer and senior team management regionally and globally while also engaging constructively with teammates.
• Liaise across all three of the MUFG financial crimes compliance lines of defense, including core second-line programs (Sanctions, Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery & Corruption), business functions, Internal Audit, Compliance Testing, and Regulatory Exam Management in furtherance of Issues Management policy, standard, and procedure implementation and execution
• Develop subject matter expertise regarding Issues Management policy, standard, and procedures
• Drive review, development, and enhancement of Issues Management policy, standard, and procedures, along with other program execution documents
• Collaborate with regional financial crimes offices to align global and regional requirements for Issues Management policy and procedures, including review & challenge processes
• Collaborate and liaise with stakeholders to drive consistency in the implementation of GFCD policies and policies across all three MUFG lines of defense
• Track and report on status of financial crimes issues on regular and ad hoc basis
• Support the Head of GFCD Issues Management Program Governance and Administration in program development and execution, working with other members of the team on strategic and operational enhancement
• Support compliance activities and perform program governance duties, including projects and ad hoc duties as assigned
• 7+ years of risk management experience, specific knowledge in the financial crimes compliance area is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Experience in creating high quality presentations, reports, and process documentation.
• Experience drafting, reviewing, implementing, and monitoring policies and procedures
• Experience developing and delivering training, workshops, and strategic program messaging across various platforms
• Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills, takes initiative proactively
• Experience leading team projects to accomplish a variety of tasks and meet deadlines timely.Team-oriented approach to completing objectives
• Strong project management skills, exceptional organization skills, and an ability to deliver high-quality work products in a timely manner
• Track record in program management and coordination / integration efforts across multiple groups
• Strong ability to drive complex discussions with MUFG management and stakeholders
• BA/BS Degree required
• ACAMS, relevant professional qualification, and/or experience in client-service industry is a plus
• Demonstrated proficiency in technology as required for assigned areas (MS Office, etc.)
• Travel is possible, but limited
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.