Agency Operations, AVP HybridApply Now
- Requisition # 10051642-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 03/31/2022
- Location Jersey City, NJ
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for managing the Agency Servicing Team supporting MUFG Union Bank; the role will report directly into the Vice President, who oversees the Agency function across multiple MUFG legal entities in the US.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the group, including activity related to new loan onboarding, initial closing and funding, ongoing servicing activities, client invoicing, lender notifications, etc.
- Ensure all lending transactions are followed and managed appropriately, minimizing operational risks and losses, and ensuring compliance with all bank policies and procedures
- Act as main point of contact related to SOX testing, internal and external audit requests, issue escalation, etc.
- Minimize population of KRI’s, breaks, and exception items within the space
- Coordinate with the VP for support on initiatives, including technology or infrastructure enhancements, system upgrade and replacement efforts, human capital discussions, etc. and ensure appropriate resource allocation, business requirements, SME knowledge, testing, and implementation
- Design and implement departmental structural and procedural changes where necessary
- Performance management, including setting objectives, performance evaluations, disciplinary procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Syndicated Loan Market, particularly the role of Administrative Agent. Prior LSTA or working group involvement a plus
- In depth knowledge of market initiatives to streamline and automate settlement and servicing, including API integration with industry standard platforms, FpML, Blockchain, DLT, OCR, Robotics/Automation
- Understands market conventions for managing products across Syndicated & Commercial Lending Operations
- Management experience, including managing a remote team
- Comfortable interacting with senior internal and external stakeholders, including the Bank’s Clients, Investors, other Agent Banks, Issuing Banks, Syndications, Front Office etc.
- Ability to analyze and streamline operational processes, improving productivity and efficiency
- Knowledge of systems used to manage the Syndicated lending business: AFS, ACBS, Loan IQ, Clearpar, Syndtrak, Intralinks, Debt Domain
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.#LI-Hybrid