Compliance Technology Applications Manager, Vice President (NICE/Actimize)
Jersey City, New Jersey
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Compliance Technology Applications Manager, Vice President (NICE/Actimize)
- Requisition # 10037546-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Jersey City, NEW JERSEY
- Date posted 09/10/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover this rewarding opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
The Compliance Technology Applications Manager provides ownership and governance oversight of BSA/AML applications in the Compliance Technology portfolio. Directly supervises software engineers and systems analysts engaged in designing, developing, coding, and maintaining application programs. Responsible for application functionality, SLA’s, and adherence to policies, industry standards and best practices. Responsible for coordination with centralized production support and other TIO teams to ensure application support levels are met. Reporting to the Compliance Technology Application Governance Manager.
- Directly supervises software engineers and systems analysts engaged in designing, developing, coding, maintaining and supporting application programs across Compliance Technology platforms including NICE/Actimize and SAS AML.
- Responsible for supervising staff, including interviewing, recommending salary changes, job promotions; setting work hours, conducting counseling /performance reviews, and planning of the staff ‘s work.
- Develop and manage overall performance planning for staff that equips team members with meaningful career paths, enhanced skills and standard methodologies to continually improve the benefit for the bank.
- Responsible for change release and configuration deliverables oversight for centralized production support and project teams impacting Compliance Technology application portfolio.
- Responsible for technical design, build and deployment oversight with centralized production support and project teams impacting Compliance Technology application portfolio.
- Responsible for systems maintenance, capacity planning, data retention planning and DR processes.
- Directs, controls and monitors production incidents, problems, defects, and user requests to ensure timely resolution.
- In the assigned areas, responsible for building a culture of accountability that uses data to evaluate performance and make decisions, demonstrate the performance of the team, identify improvement opportunities and make meaningful contributions to the strategic direction of the team.
- Manages the team's efforts to ensure timeliness of project deliverables are on time and within budget. Ensures application systems are reliable and that data files maintain data integrity; application failures and / or data inconsistencies are corrected in an expedient manner; departmental programming standards are maintained for all products placed into production; compliance with data security and auditing requirements of applications responsible.
- Ensures that the appropriate user documentation is provided. Reviews requirements and objectives of projects determines priorities and staffing requirements and schedules, delegates and coordinates the work of subordinates.
- Defines, drafts and distributes project plans, directs and controls project progress and reviews completed work to verify that programs adhere to corporate policies, practices and programming quality standards.
- Engage with business owners and users to ensure that applications are performing at a satisfactory level, the system is fulfilling the originally designed requirements and planning to meet changing business requirements.
- Performs project group administration using the Division's administrative products and procedures. Prepares activity and status reports for management for all project activities; aids in the preparation of cost / benefit analysis report, audit responses, special project reports and project implementation reports.
- Effectively communicates strategy, technical designs, governance models, team deliverables and status to various audiences
- Ensures compliance with testing and migration standards, as well as consistent change management governance for code promotions across the application landscapes
- Provides thought leadership regarding standard methodologies that contribute to the overall end user experience for Compliance Technology application portfolio.
- Serves as an escalation point for solving technical inquiries and integration issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Management, or a related field (or foreign equivalent degree).
- 7+ years of compliance technology experience in an applications delivery and support environment
- 5+ years leading or managing a team of three or more individuals
- 5+ years of experience with NICE Actimize AML, RCM, SearchSpace, SAM, including querying internal data models
- 5+ years implementing and supporting BSA/AML COTS applications, SAS AML preferred
- 6+ years of experience with full life cycle deployments including translation of functional requirements, technical specifications documentation, development, testing, and implementation
- 5+ years of domain knowledge in BSA/AML
- Experience managing and providing production support for SAS and NICE/Actimize AML solutions
- Experience with TOAD, SQL Server, and writing complex SQL queries
- Experience of SDLC concepts, framework and deliverables
- Experience with change management frameworks
- Excellent collaboration and facilitation skills including the ability to bring together various teams and resources to deliver results
- Solid project management skills ability to manage multiple activities in a rapidly changing environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.