Enterprise Investment GovernanceApply Now
- Requisition # 10034328-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Jersey City, NEW JERSEY
- Date Posted 04/08/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Enterprise Investment Governance, AVP
In this role, you will drive administration of the Investment Governance Committee around all project and non-project work efforts across the Americas investments. You will monitor financial targets set by executive leadership to ensure that the investment portfolio remains in alignment and raise if there are any anomalies. Not only will you be evaluating technology and non-technology investment work, but also efforts that contribute to the success of the Bank’s strategy. You will ensure that health and outcome reporting provides Executive-level transparency into successes or failures across the portfolio, ensuring that delivered work is achieving encouraged benefits. Additionally, you will drive continuous improvement across the investment governance process. This role has a high degree of influence as you work with multiple senior partners and their topics, wherein you will need to provide coaching and feedback while driving accountability.
- Drive consistency to the Committee charter and its underlying strategy
- Own, review, and prepare executive level materials and health and outcome reporting, which enable leadership to evaluate investments and provide strategic and financial direction
- Independently evaluate enterprise investment requests, synthesizing material and raising appropriately to the committee secretary
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the Investment Governance Committee and all meeting logistics and associated regulatory and policy / standard requirements
- Improve overall Committee ecosystem by detecting inefficiencies and providing potential solutions
- Lead and improve interfaces with corporate finance, strategy, sourcing, and other internal support functions
- Assist with standardizing investment processes for legal entities
- Ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in a financial or technology firm and possesses the following attributes:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with an advanced degree preferred
- Proven track record of developing visible analytical reporting on highly complex books of work
- Ability to communicate complex issues and ideas with clarity
- Keen eye for detail with the ability to understand how one line item fits into an overall narrative
- Can thrive in ambiguity, comfortable asking questions to force clarity and ability to guide colleagues through it
- Experience with project portfolio management or working in a regulated environment preferred
- Execution oriented self-starter, with strong commitment to improve the environment, not settling for the “status quo”
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Project Management
- Primary Location Jersey City, New Jersey
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time