GRO KYC Procedure AnalystApply Now
- Requisition # 10037563-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Jersey City, NEW JERSEY
- Date Posted 08/31/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The First Line of Defense (FLoD) Know Your Customer (KYC) Procedures and Process Governance Analyst is a highly critical and visible role, reporting to the FLoD Process Governance Manager and will support the Control Office by providing guidance on complex KYC requirements, processes, and help operationalize that guidance.Additionally, the individual will provide support on enterprise wide projects to ensure KYC processes, risks and solutions are defined, tested, and implemented.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Support, draft and coordinate updates and changes to the KYC Procedures, related Operating Manuals, job aides, forms, and etc.;
- Support and/or conduct targeted KYC training as a result of procedure updates, as needed;
- Support FLoD Control Office strategic plans and KYC-related procedures;
- Field and respond to questions and inquiries related to the KYC procedures and requirements;
- Conduct the analysis and reporting of questionable activity referrals to ensure FLoD staff persons are adhering to AML policy requirements;
Subject Matter Expert –
- Coordinate with the business units and Second Line of Defense stakeholders on clarifying scope, process, and interpretation of KYC requirements;
- Partner with business units to support timely execution of KYC-related business initiatives while ensuring KYC requirements are met;
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree, at a minimum, required
- 3 plus years’ experience in KYC, compliance and risk management, with a strong emphasis on BSA/AML laws and regulations
- Strong understanding of Wholesale Banking products and U.S. banking regulations
- Experience in procedure writing and development and regulatory interpretation
- Experience handling sensitive information with a high degree of discretion
- Ability to maintain effective, collaborative working relationships at all levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities, work independently, and deliver results
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and critical thinking skills
- Highly detail-oriented and organized execution
- Proficient in PowerPoint presentation and Excel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.