KYC Quality Control AnalystApply Now
- Requisition # 10039537-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Jersey City, NEW JERSEY
- Date Posted 11/20/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The Quality Control Analyst is responsible for performing a quality control review of the KYC file submitted by the Onboarding Unit to ensure compliance with the BSA/AML policy. The position reports into the QC Team Lead within the First Line of Defense Control Office.The QC Analyst is responsible for:
- Perform Quality Control reviews of KYC including CIP, CDD, EDD and SDD
- Ensure that KYC has been accurately completed in accordance with the quality standards and time frames set within established Policy, Procedures, Standards and Operating manual;
- Ensure alert and case determination are appropriate, fully supported and clearly documented
- Management of QC desktop manuals and procedures
- Ensure that referrals (from SLoD)/escalation/information requests are properly dispositioned and appropriately documented
- This position is typically expected to work a very large number of reviews with little oversight and serves as a Subject Matter Expert for KYC process
- May be involved in the interview process for potential candidates for open positions. May receive delegated responsibilities from management
- Perform quality control reviews of KYC files created by Onboarding team to determine if the review and research were conducted in accordance with the quality standards and timeframes set for within established procedures, bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures client data, business activity & narrative, products, alerts, documents, extension/exemption and other case determinations are appropriate, fully supported, and clearly documented.
- Document each review by thoroughly completing a QC Checklist.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the various computer systems used for performing and documenting the investigations.
- Communicate concerns with the Onboarding unit and the Team Lead.
- Maintains effective working relationships with key business partners. Maintains the ability to provide good customer service. Requires close working relationships with Financial Crime Risk Management business partners.
- Assist the Manager/Team Leader with basic duties including case assignments, case reviews and staff training.
- Stay abreast of developments concerning BSA/AML/ Sanctions including internal policy, standards, onboarding process and system changes and work with management to ensure the bank remains in compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 1-3 years of investigative or related work experience with specific emphasis on BSA/AML preferably in the financial services industry. Related professional certifications are highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills including superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, adapt well to changing priorities and effectively prioritize workflow to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and changing environment; must work well under pressure
- Expert knowledge of BSA/AML laws and regulations relative to money laundering and terrorist financing and the ability to apply this knowledge in assessing client KYC profiles
- Firm understanding of bank products and services especially foreign correspondent banking products and services
- The ability and willingness to work independently is required. Must attend and complete Bank-sponsored job-related training
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.