KYC Quality Control Manager, Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10038407-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Jersey City, NEW JERSEY
- Date Posted 09/22/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
The Quality Control Team Leader is a senior level position reporting to the Onboarding & KYC Unit Director within the First Line of Defense Control Office.The QC Team Leader is responsible for directing a team of QC and client data specialists who are responsible for the following:
- Perform Quality Control reviews of client data and KYC including CIP, CDD, EDD and SDD and
- Ensure that KYC has been accurately completed in accordance with the quality standards and time frames set within established Policy, Standards, Procedures and Operating manual;
- Ensure alert and case determination are appropriate, fully supported and clearly documented
- Management of QC desktop manuals and procedures
·(50%) Directly supervise a team of professional staff to ensure timely completion of the work load.Provide staff with strategic and day-to-day direction in their assigned responsibilities.Perform traditional managerial functions including staff recruiting, establishment of performance goals, coaching and training, performance counseling and appraisal, and salary administration.Additionally, the team leader will be responsible for working with management to develop and monitor QC standards, manage work queues, assign cases to agents, sample QC Analyst reviews to ensure consistency and quality and maintain QC checklists/database reporting.
·(20%) Develop strategic partnerships with other team leaders and managers with Onboarding Unit, Oversight Unit, Data Governance, BSA Operations, Global Financial Crimes Division (GFCD) and AML Program Office.Liaising with management of First Control Office to discuss identified trends and develops appropriate resolutions, as well as maintains an awareness of changes to their operational processes.Act as a subject matter expert on client on-boarding activities and KYC inclusive of the platforms.
·(15%) Regular communication and reporting to Control Office management concerning the status of the work queues, results of the quality control reviews, identified trends, and the status of KYC files. Provide periodic reporting of the following: QC Analyst productivity and QC department statistics.
·(10%) Stay abreast of developments concerning: data governance and BSA/AML/Sanctions including internal policy, standards, onboarding process and system changes and work with management to ensure the bank remains in compliance.
·(5%) Other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of investigative or related work experience with specific emphasis on BSA/AML preferably in the financial services industry. Related professional certifications are highly preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years of managerial and supervisory experience, preferably involving at least 4 professional staff members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, adapt well to changing priorities and effectively prioritize workflow to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and changing environment; must work well under pressure.
- Expert knowledge of BSA/AML laws and regulations relative to money laundering and terrorist financing and the ability to apply this knowledge in assessing client KYC profiles.
- Firm understanding of bank products and services especially foreign correspondent banking products and services.
- The ability and willingness to work independently is required. Must attend and complete Bank-sponsored job-related training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.