Onboarding & KYC Manager, VP - Japanese CorpsApply Now
- Requisition # 10045682-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Jersey City, NEW JERSEY
- Date Posted 07/24/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
The Onboarding & KYC Vice President for Japanese Corporates customer portfolio is a senior level position within the First Line of Defense Control Office. The Onboarding VP is responsible for directing a team of Onboarding specialists who are responsible for the following:
- Perform KYC processes including CIP, CDD, EDD and SpDD, applicable for new and existing customers
- Ensure that customer record maintenance activities are accurately completed in accordance to Data Governance, AML, Credit and all other applicable internal Policies and Standards.
- Management of Onboarding and KYC operating manuals
- Participate in the IT and non-IT projects relating to Onboarding and KYC processes
(60%) Management duties
- Determine relevant Key Performance Indicators that enable the effective tracking of productivity and quality
- Ensure the team is properly resourced to meet Service Level Agreements (SLA) utilizing departmental tracking systems
- Governance of customer Key data Elements though client life cycle and leading the team to validate our Japanese Corporates customer portfolio
- Knowledge of human resources and personnel management processes; Lead, motivate, evaluate and reward personnel
- Assign work schedules and workloads
- Apply standard procedures and policies in the operation
- Produce regular management reporting
- Identify operational risks and establish controls
- Point of Contact for escalation of complex KYC issues
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders such as Front Office, Middle and Back Office operations teams, Tax Operations and other internal partners relevant to production processes
- Ensure daily production processes are in line with operating manuals
(25%) Onboarding & KYC Subject Matter Expertise
- Maintain working knowledge of all regulatory obligations and be able to relate them to MUFG policies and procedures
- Thought Leadership: Play a key role in multi-disciplinary teams to address new business initiatives, IT and non-IT enhancement projects, and one-off assignments to improve customer experience and support Bank transformation
- Develop strategic partnerships with other team leaders and managers with Onboarding Unit, Lines of Business and AML Financial Crimes teams.
(10%) Reporting to Control Office Management
- Regular communication and reporting to Control Office management concerning the status of the work queues, results of the quality control reviews, identified trends, and the status of KYC files.
- Liaise with management of Control Office to discuss identified trends and develops appropriate resolutions, as well as maintains an awareness of changes to their operational processes.
- Support Onboarding & KYC Director in the implementation of Control Office directives
(5%) Other duties as assigned.
The right candidate will have:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of work experience with specific emphasis on BSA/AML in the financial services industry. Related professional certifications are highly preferred.
- Experience in Client Onboarding,
- Minimum 3 years of managerial and supervisory experience, preferably involving at least 4 professional staff members. Knowledge of human resources and personnel management processes
- Firm understanding of bank products and services
- Ability to think critically under pressure and deliver sound judgment
- Excellent analytical skills, with the aptitude of independently performing complex or varied tasks, such as coordinating and analyzing large amounts of multifaceted data.
- Mature approach with excellent and influential communication skills (verbal and written) to facilitate frequent interactions with internal customers, management and key stakeholders
- Ability to recognize risks and make decisions based on sensory data or known guidelines
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions (verbal, written or diagrammatic) with strong detail orientation
- Solid knowledge of KYC/AML and data governance policy
- Strong time management, prioritization, work organization and multi-tasking skills with a drive for efficiency, accuracy and risk management controls
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.